Pissing off the neighbors!!

-

younggun2.0

Reaction score
Worked 12hrs today and got home at about 8 pm. Was a long day and needed a smile. Went out to the garage and fired up the dart. cranked her to 6k with the exhaust cutouts open lol!

[ame=http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo147/johnnydart_photo/pissingofftheneighbors_zps19ea27fa.mp4]
th_pissingofftheneighbors_zps19ea27fa.jpg
[/ame]

my thoughts exactly. i just got it fired for the first time in 10 yrs on Sunday so hearing it run still gives me wood. lol

Not that I haven't done it before but, I wouldn't recommend revving a cold engine with no load on it to 6000 rpm. especially if you just got the thing going!

Your camera's not picking up the RUMBLE....... past its range!! haaa Cool revv it up who cares what they think.

I always got away with it. The neighbours all thought it was the guy next to me that used to build trucks. They have since caught on. I have new neighbours right across the road from me. They are gonna love the blower. hehehe

Jack

Only thing I have that might piss my neighbours is my 55.000 WT 85.000 start up wat generator if we loose electricity today :coffee2: Ice storm is here
Congratulations on getting it built and running :cheers:

Once I got the Fury under power and for about year of still working on it before getting the exhaust done, my neighbor's kids just came to know it as Mr. Mark's noisy car.... Nobody ever complained... Won't be long until we can do it agin with Jake's car...lol

The fuel pump was the loudest thing I heard! Lol! Maybe your camrea has noise supression on it. I don't think the short revs you did there are anything to complain about.

I had the same thing with my dart being able to fire it up after sitting in my garage for 25 years and then getting the 416 in it in Nov and how I got wood too.Too cold now to do it but cant vwait dfor the first 50 plus temp day to do it again.

I drive mine open headers and get thumbs up from the popo. some still appreciate old guys driving their American V-8's

i did that all the time...all my cars were big block roadrunners at the time..and 4 speeds to boot .i would change a motor/add headers..etc...i would bring the car to the end of the driveway for a nice open headered burnout...just to drive her crazy..it finally worked..she really went off the deep end..

is suppose to rain here all weekend but if i get just a min of sunlight and it drys the roads im going to have to take her around the block.

Ha! Brought back memories.
Lived in a nice, quiet apartment years ago when my buddy and built the 340 in the '69 Dart Swinger I had back then. Mostly older people lived there and everybody but me had a nice quiet car.
My garage was directly below my neighbors apartment and when we first fired the new engine (open headers of course) to break in the cam I thought we were going to short-circuit every pacemaker in the place. I never saw all those old people move so fast to find out what all the noise was.
Several weeks later, my neighbor told me they had a silver tray with tea cups on it on their coffee table and everytime I pulled into my garage (directly under their apartment) the teacups "danced all over the tray" from the rumble.

My neighbor used to start his big block Valiant race car and I would immediately grab a couple beers and head over to his place.

-
Back