Pistol-Grip boot in an A-Body.

-
[hey DART,,,, 2 questions,,,does the B body handle come straight out the t\op or does it jog to the left or right as it comes up out of the shifter ????? my 66 is a lot narrower then the later A bodies,,,with the 4 speed ide need it to jog to the right a tad,,,i just installed a new after market handle,,,old school ,,almost home made looking lever,,,,was exactly what i was pictureing in my mind,, but ive always loved the real pistol grip,,,shame they dont make one with a button for the roll control,,,,

2nd,,,,when in 1st gear.,...how far from the dash is the handle ??/COLOR]

My hurst shifter from a truck has the pins. Would not be that hard to drill them out. Hole spacing is 7/8" on mine, bolt on type are 1" (I think) so that would make it a little harder but "doable". I would make a template with 1" spacing, drill one hole to size and bolt in on, drill the other...

I believe you will find the pins are in the correct location for the bolts, either knock or drill out the pins and put in some bolts, you should be good to go -

I installed the abody boot on my e body pistal grip BEFORE I installed the shifter handle to my shifter and no problems so far.O:)
Are you guys pulling it over the big end?8-[

-
Back