Pistol Grip Oval Boot / Trim Ring Install

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I purchased a shift boot and trim ring from Brewer's Performance, but can't for the life of me figure out the install. Issue I'm having is with the carpet.
This boot is suppose to go under the carpet and act as a seal for the shifter hole. Then of course the trim ring sits on top. The rubber boot is molded to fit in the ring. Problem is, I could cut the carpet to allow the boot to sit flush on the metal hump, but then nothing is holding the carpet down... would just be loose around the boot and would have to be a PRECISE cut.. Something just seems off about this set up. What am I overlooking..??

20231015_111033.jpg

20231015_112758.jpg

20231015_112801.jpg

Last edited:
Bolt the whole thing over the carpet.

If you are getting moisture on the top of your trans tunnel, are you planning on driving thru a flood?

If you are getting moisture on the top of your trans tunnel, are you planning on driving thru a flood?
Yes, I plan on driving through a lot of floods..as many as I can find....lol..
No, but if driving in wet / rainy conditions, I'm sure a lot of "spray" can reach that area. Plus, Brewer's directly said that boot goes under the carpet. Maybe I'll just make a gasket for under and just bolt the rest on top like you said.

The boot flange goes under the carpet and trim ring on top of carpet. Trim the carpet to the shifter hole so it fits Around the boot.you can make a couple of cuts just bit less than the width of the trim ring to allow the boot to be screwed down to the sheetmetal. You can use a soldering iron to make clean holes in the carpet to screw down the trim ring.

-
Back