pistol grip problems

-

PlumCrazyDuster

Reaction score
i have a question that i need some help with.

i got a buddy with a 73 duster, a833 car. we got rid of the old shifter and dropped a slightly modified pistol grip made for an E body in there. well we got it all bolted up and the rods are in the right positions but we cant get it to grab any gear but reverse. it seems like it tries to go into eather first and second or third and forth but i cant really tell for sure. it just jamns in place

what do you guys think?

First what type of shifter did you put in there? Is it a Hurst comp? If so it sounds almost like it isn't lined up right. They have an alignment hole on the side that you can put an alien wrench in it to align the arms up. Then you attach the rods to the trans. I am sure someone else who can explain this better than me will come along.

First what type of shifter did you put in there? Is it a Hurst comp? If so it sounds almost like it isn't lined up right. They have an alignment hole on the side that you can put an alien wrench in it to align the arms up. Then you attach the rods to the trans. I am sure someone else who can explain this better than me will come along.

actually i mis-explained that, we didnt change the mechanism itself just the shifter lever itself. we dropped the shifter down in the mechanism and bolted it back to the side of the transmission.

Ok, not too sure why it won't shift... I put a e-body pistol grip in my 66 Dart and have no problems with it, but I didn't take the shifter off the trans, I have to 2 bolt type for the shifter handle. Hope oyu get it figured out, and sorry I wasn't much help

-
Back