Piston Flip

-
Reversing the pistons.
I doubt the slant could reach high enough rpms for the butt-meter to feel a difference.
Mill the head for a little more compression. Easier to do, feel the improvement.
I know mine will zing to 5500 right quick like. But it also has a ton of cylinder pressure.

I considered a Howard's cam when I got all the parts for mine. They had 2 to choose, don't remember details on specs. But I was looking at the smaller one.

On the thread title, I think a bigger (and power robbing) problem is that I discovered what member my68barracuda did, before I bought my parts/ the silvolite pistons are further in the hole at TDC than the stock pistons would have been. I didn't really think about it til I had it all together
Though I started with a bare block and crank, mine was a basket case that originally came to me with no rods or pistons.
I had my block cut 30 thou and IM STILL 180-thou in the hole at TDC. I don't want to dismantle the block again but I should, and take another 50 thou off the block deck.

*Correction

Howdy, gang.

Has anyone attempted the "Piston Flip" featured in *some YouTube videos*? If so, what are the benefits you've noticed from your personal project? Pros and cons? My Slant has 62k original miles and I would hate to blow the thing up. I'm simply looking for a little pep. I'll try a 2bbl setup first and then plan accordingly with the "flip" if I desire a little more.

Thanks for the word.
Never flip anyhting. Always install the engine parts the way they are designed to be installed. The gain you would have" if any, would not be noticed!

-
Back