Piston recommendation

-
I hear ya....

Na, there's reason but IMO snarky he wasn't, just sayin like it is. We all try to help. The been there done that is most helpful. Those just mentioning parts is fine but without experience it does leave a bit of room to be desired and questioned of the parts actual worth or performance for the application though I'm sure all listed would be fine.

But, backing up a tad. In a way, there's nothing like being ignored or doubted since we'd not pro builders. "***" pro builder here does many engines per year. Great! Super!

I've done 5 engines my whole life. (30 years playing with cars, engines, racing, etc...)
Swapped out more parts than a speed shop carries for MoPars and learned the hard way before there was an internet. This how you end up with over a dozen intakes, cams, 5 sets of heads, buckets full of valves and (LMAO) "Extra bolts."

And for some, this time span is inferior knowledge.
Hence the "Chopped Liver."

While you're certainly entitled to your opinion, that was pretty much the definition of snarky, as the two cents were already added. I'm not sure how anyone could say I doubted what he said before or even replied directly to what he said.

I meant that as I would have never known about RaceTec if it wasn't for the pro builder, and they were extremely reasonably priced (I was actually shocked at how low the price was for exactly what I was looking for). Unless the price has changed a lot, they will be less expensive than what Icons or Diamonds costs. You never know there might be something that's a better deal now.

In any case, I'm here to help people, so if you don't want to listen to my advice, feel free to ignore me.

While you're certainly entitled to your opinion, that was pretty much the definition of snarky......

I meant that .......

In any case, I'm here to help people, so if you don't want to listen to my advice, feel free to ignore me.

I chopped up your reply in case the reply was directed at me.

1: Snarky from RRR is a good bit more than that mild honest point of view and outlet of his feelings. At least, IMO. Ant at least, I didn't see it as directed towards yourself.

2: The "I ment" (to say) didn't come across that way. But I'm very glad you cleared it up.

3: Ditto for me. I do read and appreciate your replies. You are a very helpful member here. No doubt.

Well, I just went ahead and ordered the Icons. They certainly served me well for 4 summers, so hopefully I'll get the same quality as I have now. Which reminds me.....

What do you guys think I should sell mine for? I don't want to gouge somebody, but don't want to be gouged either. They're in beautiful condition. Here's a link

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/uem-ic745-040

-
Back