Pistons for B&M 144 Setup???

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
Could I use KB243 pistons with the B&M supercharger? I think forged are recommended but KB243 says 30% stronger? What are your thoughts?

30% stroner than what?

Are the 243's a Hyper piston? I wouldn't use them in that app. unless the PSI is low. 5-7 psi is good. A forged slug would be great and have the abilty to take on more PSI. You could really turn it up then without fear of shattering a slug.

Anytime you see the word "recommended" You should practicaly mentally change it to "Mandotory" unless you really know what your doing. It's a safe than sorry thing.

30% stroner than what?

Are the 243's a Hyper piston? I wouldn't use them in that app. unless the PSI is low. 5-7 psi is good. A forged slug would be great and have the abilty to take on more PSI. You could really turn it up then without fear of shattering a slug.

Anytime you see the word "recommended" You should practicaly mentally change it to "Mandotory" unless you really know what your doing. It's a safe than sorry thing.

Got your point!

i wouldnt run a hypereutetic piston in a blown engine since there is to big of a risk that you run into detonation before you get the tune spot on and a hyperpiston will fail even faster than a cast one during detonation. but im the kind of guy who prefers safe before sorry

Can I run 10:1 CR forged piston on a lower pressure safely say 6-7psi with aluminum heads?

340 block 4.10 bore stock stroke. I just found calculator for CR conversion. I think I need to get it down to 9.5 or so to stay under 13:1

-
Back