Pistons needed KB 107??

-

photorep

Reaction score
I will soon be starting on a build of a 360 for my '74 Scamp. I picked up a block off of Craig's List with a standard bore and I am looking for some pistons that will give me a liTtle more compression. I was thinking KB 107's. Does anyone have something I could use? Since the block is standard bore, 20 or. 30 over would do the trick. Let me know. Thanks

Why not buy new ones? There not very expensive and it's not really a good idea to use used pistons. And keep in mind the KB107's weight a lot less than stock 360 pistons so the rotating assembly will need balanced if you use them.

Why not buy new ones? There not very expensive and it's not really a good idea to use used pistons. And keep in mind the KB107's weight a lot less than stock 360 pistons so the rotating assembly will need balanced if you use them.
I second that comment, but I will mention there is a member on here that posts in lots of peoples threads trying to sell a set, but I forget his username, all his posts are one big run-on sentance. Maybe someone can point you his way. Anyway, new in the box, shipped to your door from summit or jeggs would be the best way..

I second that comment, but I will mention there is a member on here that posts in lots of peoples threads trying to sell a set, but I forget his username, all his posts are one big run-on sentance. Maybe someone can point you his way. Anyway, new in the box, shipped to your door from summit or jeggs would be the best way..

I remember his postings too. I believe he goes by WinstoninWisc. Can't remember if his are new or used. Like I said earlier I wouldn't use used pistons unless it was for a demo derby car or something that didn't have to last.

Photorep, I just remembered that Sealed Power pistons weigh close to stock pistons so you may want to look into them as you won't have to balance the rotating assy. with them. They have them in 2 compression ratio's, 9 to 1 and 10 to 1. Of course that varies by the head chamber volume and actual deck height. Most of the time the compression comes out 2-3 tenths lower than you expect unless you have the block machined for zero deck and have the heads shaved and use thin gaskets.

Do not over ore the block unless it is needed!
You can purchase the KB-107's in a standard bore size. No problem.

I have 6 good standard boro kb 107 pistons on the rods..i have the other 2 that the post office some how chip the skirt on..they don't have many street miles on them.100 tops.they was new but the motor ate 2 cams and was pulled and junked machine shop mess up...pm me if you would like them.. will give you a great deal as I sold all my small block stuff went big block...if I remember right (will have to look) but the rods have arp bolts as well:D:D:D:D

-
Back