Pistons

-

fishman

Reaction score
Looking for input on pistons, Rebuilding a small block 360. I need to purchase a set of pistons. Looking to go about 10:1 comp. Dont want to brake the bank. Its going to be a street car. Anybody using some that they are happy with that are reasonalby priced. Thanks Tom

I used the Speedpro forged aluminum pistons from Summit on my 69 340. All the parts for the rebuild were about $900, pistons, rings, bearings, cam, lifters, pushrods, chain, full gasket set etc. Excellent fit, and it runs awesome. Spend the money and get the rotating assembly balanced, it's the best insurance you can buy.

Ethier the KB pistons (KB-107's) or Federal - Mougal pistons are very good units and are inexpensive. I forget the Fed-Moug. part numbers. They also come with rings in a basic kit. Look in summitt or jegs for it.

If you don't want the added expense of balancing them the Federal Mogul (Sealed Power) Rumble mentioned are what you need as they are nearly identical weight of the original pistons. I believe the part #cp116 is the one that gives you comp in the high 9's. They also have one that's about 9-1. I forget that part #.

The only other inexpensive choice is Keith Blacks. KB107's will give you right at 10-1 comp. Only problem with them is they weigh alot less so if you use them you'd have the expense of having the engine balanced. But since they are lighter maybe it'd spin up faster and make more power??? Can't say for sure though. I'm running the KB's in a 360 and they have held up good for me.

-
Back