pitman arms

-

sweatybetty

Reaction score
is there a difference in pitman arms beween early and later a bodies? my pitman arm and idler arm are not level. im not sure what my steering box came out of. will this affect steering geometry? maybe you guys are right and i need to get rid of this darn box!!!

My 67 cuda takes a special (one year only) idler arm. the steering boxes have a larger diameter pitman arm on the newer models. On my car I have a newer one, the pitman mates to the dag link perfectly. I had to use the 67 drag link because the idler comes in from the bottom. I got the spring, thanks! ...Bob

the pitman & idler arm changed in 73 & newer cars. go to bigblockdart.com & there is a reference page there that shows the differences & you will know what you have & what you need.

There are 2 different size steering box shafts for manual steering boxes. The smaller shaft size is the same as a power steering gear box. what year a body do you have. I have a few different manual boxes if you need a different one.

There are 2 different size steering box shafts for manual steering boxes. The smaller shaft size is the same as a power steering gear box. what year a body do you have. I have a few different manual boxes if you need a different one.

i have a 66, but this box didnt come out of this car. im not sure what it came out of.

-
Back