Pittsburgh hit again. More rain.

-

pittsburghracer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
More than 7 inches of rain so far this month.

If you thought this was a throwback post to when Pittsburgh flooded last week, you'd be wrong. Today, after work, I ran into the city to capture yet another flood downtown, just as the water was cresting 23'...and it's not done yet.

There were a few images that I had in mind last week that I didn't get around to capturing, most of them around Point State Park. So today I made sure to capture and document the flooding there, along with the North Shore and some other places around town.

Yes, I know that we frequently get high water in Pittsburgh, but the flood last week was a historic, top 20 flood of all time. And to have another one just a week later, though not as significant, is still pretty crazy. The water is already approaching 24' and is expected to crest at nearly 26' by midday tomorrow.

Like I said last week, I know that these images aren't anything earth shattering, but it's what the city looks like right now, today. I find it both interesting and important to capture images like this, and wanted to share them with all of you as well.

Stay safe out there everyone and enjoy your Fridays.

Portfolio - 2024 Eclipse prints
DaveDiCello <--- matted prints and note cards
Portfolio <--- Entire portfolio
DaveDiCello <--- Ornaments, triptychs, coasters
Blog 2 — dave dicello <-- blog
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5xPVs3iAPbIrHE9fF4SVug/videos <-- YouTube channel

IMG_2420.jpeg

IMG_2419.jpeg

IMG_2418.jpeg

IMG_2417.jpeg

IMG_2416.jpeg

IMG_2415.jpeg

-
Back