Place to buy transmission lines?

-

Harrison

Reaction score
I plan on doing the swap to a 64-later transmission pan (as covered here), and it is mentioned that the transmission lines from a 64-66 Slant Six Valiant would fit it. Later in the thread two sites are mentioned (here and here), but neither carry the lines for the Slant Six Valiant, only the V8.

Anyone know of a place that does carry them? Or would I be better off buying straight tubing and bending them myself?

Would this be the kit you are talking about?

How do you handle the clamp things on the ends of the lines?

that one is too small, they sell a larger black one for the 5/16" lines for trans. i have the black one and it works fine, if you go to an auto parts store , they have lengths of tubing with the fittings on the ends . they are actually for brakes but will work on the trans. you will probably need to get a flair tool harbor freight has them too (very cheap but works ok) so you can add on or cut your tubing to the right length. it bends real easy.

I plan on doing the swap to a 64-later transmission pan (as covered here), and it is mentioned that the transmission lines from a 64-66 Slant Six Valiant would fit it. Later in the thread two sites are mentioned (here and here), but neither carry the lines for the Slant Six Valiant, only the V8.

Anyone know of a place that does carry them? Or would I be better off buying straight tubing and bending them myself?

I have always had good luck with The Right Stuff. Every thing I get fits pefect.

-
Back