Plan Z dart from UTG hits the track

-

replicaracer43

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Different car, same builder, same results. Poor performance, tons of excuses. Fully gutted, 2100lb all out race car with a "UTG" built race slant six....Ran 10s in the 1/8th mile at a staggering 66 mph. According to Wallace racing calculator, at a starting line weight of 2300Lbs, running a trap speed of 66 MPH, it's making 107 HP. Not very impressive for a guy with 50 years of crew chief and engine building experience. Flame on fan boys!

Why do care so much? I swear It seems like all you post about is how much utg sucks and how bad you hate him! I think you might have a crush on him. Lol if you hate the dude so much why not just ignore him and stop following his channel?

Why do care so much? I swear It seems like all you post about is how much utg sucks and how bad you hate him! I think you might have a crush on him. Lol if you hate the dude so much why not just ignore him and stop following his channel?
I dont actually hate anyone, I just shared his latest achievements, I find it entertaining actually, and it's interesting that certain members seem to get "triggered" if any actual facts about him get posted! I've been racing and building cars for many years, but back in my day we didnt have a YouTube channel to panhandle off of like that clown.

Hes going to fix his fuel distribution problems with hotter spark plugs too. That should be interesting

Hes going to fix his fuel distribution problems with hotter spark plugs too. That should be interesting
Yep, let's see how it takes for him to melt or pock mark the pistons. I'm think pre ignition is the road he's is on.
What does the induction consist of?
What Intake manifold?

I ussd to enjoy UTG but he just started rambling and not really covering anything in detail .

I ussd to enjoy UTG but he just started rambling and not really covering anything in detail .
Nothing wrong with a good story. I'm not sure he has many more that haven't already been printed and very much embellished.
I just want to see some cool stuff or learn something new or maybe listen to some cool stories of things that I know to be true or possible even.
110 hp slant, well I believe it. Lmao

I dont actually hate anyone, I just shared his latest achievements, I find it entertaining actually, and it's interesting that certain members seem to get "triggered" if any actual facts about him get posted! I've been racing and building cars for many years, but back in my day we didnt have a YouTube channel to panhandle off of like that clown.
Im not triggered lol I just think it's funny you alone always point out this guy's short comings. I have followed several of your builds and threads and there is no doubt you are extremely talented and very good at what you do. I just don't understand why you gotta point out every time utg fails.

Im not triggered lol I just think it's funny you alone always point out this guy's short comings. I have followed several of your builds and threads and there is no doubt you are extremely talented and very good at what you do. I just don't understand why you gotta point out every time utg fails.
Thanks for the compliments, I just post for the same reason he does, entertainment. If he actually makes a fast pass, I'll post that too.

And I call the stooge ‘what is he smoking Tony’.
Seriously, a self anointed engine guru, gets top billing and then shows up at a slant six drag race with a 10 second 1/8 mile car. Then there is a story from folks at the event ‘what is he smoking Tony’ was the last to arrive and the first to leave.
There is a difference between talking the talk on youtube and walking the walk on the strip.

Last edited:
I swear, I think even with having to granny shift the hell out of the column shift, Vixen would run faster.

Bring it Rob! mark an eighth on a back road and record it. Heck that aint even speeding...Curious what that rear end and 4bbl will generate.

Bring it Rob! mark an eighth on a back road and record it. Heck that aint even speeding...Curious what that rear end and 4bbl will generate.
It's got me curious too. I may just do it.

I couldn't quite hear what the announcer said... was it 10.03 @ 66 mph ??? Super light car, I think 4.30 gears and TCI converter. He said he had troubles, so we'll see what it turns into....

video or it didnt happen! you could commentate over those 6 cylinders buzzin.

I couldn't quite hear what the announcer said... was it 10.03 @ 66 mph ??? Super light car, I think 4.30 gears and TCI converter. He said he had troubles, so we'll see what it turns into....
Trouble at the track can happen to anyone. One would think that a self proclaimed engine guru would have it figured out and back on the track PDQ.

-
Back