plasma cutter hypertherm powermax 350

-

earthmover

in the tire smoke
Reaction score
:D
3K23ma3N35F45Mc5Jcd2a05beecfde4511b43.jpg

what do you guys think of this unit???? anybody use 1 or have 1????good bad???? have a chance to pick 1 up cheap... was told I can use it be fore I buy to make sure it works....:prayer::prayer::prayer:

I use one at work off and on, plasma cutters should be added to the list of great wonders of the world!!!! You will not be disappointed with picking one up, worth every penny.

I have one and now it would be tough to live without. You need to buy consumables.

ok sounds good...consumables you mean tips and so on I guess:D:D

I have one that looks just like that. Works great; No problems. When I bought mine, the salesman said Hypertherm makes units for some of the big name welder manufacturers.

I did a bunch of research on plasma cutters a few years ago, but i never bought one.

Hypertherm was the overall general consensus of what i was going to buy, but i never pulled the trigger on a model as i didn't do enough sheet metal work to make it worthwhile

I love mine but seems that florida airgas has gotten crazy with markup on the nozzles and the electrodes... mine is a hypotherm 380 and the price went from five five packs of each for 102$ to 68$ for one five pack of each bought a 20 pack off of e bay and only the electrodes are useable but the nozzles are NOT...uhhggg!!!!! but then again I havent bought acetelene or oxygen for about 5 years :p

The local Airgas here says that these are best bet for the money and are made in the US... supposedly. I was looking at these about a year and half ago but I put the money down on a house instead. :)

You must be close to me earthmover, I have seen that on cl for a bit. Check often as I want one also. found this on another forum when I was reading up on it, was posted in 09 but information should be the same I would imagine.

The Powermax350 is the predecessor to the Powermax380....which was replaced by the Powermax30! It is a good unit...the power supply was actually manufactured by Miller...the torch by Hypertherm. Parts and consumables are available from Hypertherm....and you never need to buy a manual for a Hypertherm unit...simmply go to the Hypertherm website and download any manual you want in .pdf format. www.hypertherm.com

The Powermax350 produces about 27 Amps.....will run on 120 or 240 volt power (works best on 240)......and is a good sheet metal machine with the ability to sever about 3/8". If it works....its a bargain for $250.

Then found this post as well

Hey SEAR,
If you're going to stay strictly with sheetmetal, that unit would be ok. It's only a 25A output & it would struggle to even do 1/4". Used, that unit, if working properly & really clean, may fetch 300-350. It's a buyers' market today. Shop around a bit if you're not in a hurry. You can get a new TD Cutmaster52, 60A, delivered for $1400 & has much more power. Do some homework....

Denny

I decided to wait a bit on one as my works been slow and I think I want to go bigger as I have been debating getting into some fab work. Good luck if you get it.

I have the latest version of that but the next size up and it's a great unit. Think I paid about 1400 bucks for mine but worth every dime

-
Back