Plasma Cutter Torch Tubing ??

-

Daves69

Reaction score
Don't ya' love when you're cutting some steel and your machine craps out on ya'?

I bought my Hobart 250 ci with internal compressor maybe 8 years ago. Worked fine up till a couple days ago.
Finished a cut, tried to start another, no air.
Internal filter clear and compressor both fine. That left the torch.

1692970750353.png

1692969361578.png

1692970461956.png

The tubing came out in two parts. One from each end a as it was broke about 4' out from the machine. Another split is further in..........

1692971138698.png

1692971368831.png

I don't know this tubing is anything "special" for the application. Looks to be just 16 ' of 4 mm X 6 mm polyurethane to me. Kind of surprised on the stiffness of it.
Any recommendations for replacement tube before I order something out of Amazon?

BTW, for the Miller owners........
Is this board branded with their logo??

1692972079479.png

Is this board branded with Miller's logo? Hmm. Well, I had one of the original Hobart "suitcase" MIG's, then replaced it with a newer Hobart, and now have a Miller 140 with Autoset. Makes a hack like me look like he knows what he is doing. I also have a Miller 625 plasma torch and a Miller stick machine. Maybe I should get a tattoo. BTW, I tried Lincoln and didn't have good luck.

Miller bought Hobart years ago.
Yep as I bought a little Hobart mig at that time, never welded worth crap as others that had same.

I wish I was not so old so I could convince myself to get a new welder... would love to have one that does tig.

I keep telling myself NO more projects and doc says stop moving and die! :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

never welded worth crap
My first little mig was a Hobart, used the crap out of that machine, welded great.
I gave it to my Dad, it still worked but all it needed was a new liner.
I replaced it with a new Miller auto set. I think the Hobart was smoother.
My brother bought a new Lincoln 220v , that thing was terrible and I`m a Lincoln man, when it comes to engine drives.

Maybe type in those numbers off the tube and see what comes up?
Been that route. Was expecting the HT to be the mfg. Nada. Several different brands show up. Nothing stood out as superior to me other than a "weld spatter" tube with two layers. The original is single.
Knowing manufactures, they`ll want you to buy a whole new gun
Lol, cha chang, chang, chang!!
That's a last resort.

My first little mig was a Hobart, used the crap out of that machine, welded great.
I gave it to my Dad, it still worked but all it needed was a new liner.
I replaced it with a new Miller auto set. I think the Hobart was smoother.
My brother bought a new Lincoln 220v , that thing was terrible and I`m a Lincoln man, when it comes to engine drives.
Way back before that Hobart I had a Lincoln about the same as it. It welded great. I had a body shop friend back in Mo. that had a Hobart same model as mine, he said his never welded worth squat till he reversed the polarity to the wrong way! I have tried mine both ways. But I bet my liner needs replacing again and the wire roller.

All the tube is for is air. Had the cable been mashed, squashed, or crimped, perhaps in cold weather. Being out of the sunlight and weather, I would not think that stuff would fail like that. Perhaps it had a weak point.

Just a follow up here.

Ordered the below tubing, enough for the next time.

1693661523912.png

Tubing was an easy pull through the sheath using the wire I fed through previously. Getting it all back together was not difficult even though the handle is crowded.

1693662933860.png

Up and runnin' again.

1693663034481.png

Thanks again for your input, folks!

-
Back