plasti dip on the duster

-

73 340

Reaction score
I figured I would try it out. It is a flexible removable coating. Came out good for a first try!

Posted via Topify on Android

Attachments

• topify_1401029865642.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 670
  • topify_1401029916517.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 708
What did you use it on? Was considering 'dipping' my entire retired Breeze, clear coat check, rust and all! Does it level out nice? There are additives that make it glossy.

It levels out good if u have even coats. Check out dip your car.com and I did the hood blackout

I didnt know it already came in spray cans, looks like a great rim paint. I think the gallon containers are not available in CA.

Interested. I was considering doing my entire Duster. The original paint is in good condition, but the "golden fawn" color isn't exactly my favorite. Going the plastidip route would let me change colors and leave the original paint alone for awhile.

Looks good! :thumbup:

How many spray cans did it take to do the hood? Or did you buy it in gallon form and spray it?

I used 4 cans but I would go for 5.

Posted via Topify on Android
I agree. If using spray cans use 5. I did the hood on my Dakota. I used Plasti-dip in the spray can. Getting an even coating with the spray can is difficult. If and when I do it again I will thin it and spray it with an HVLP gun. Not the greatest pic but you can see the hood below. I plan on doing my rims next!

Looks good Colin
Is this a pretty permanent application or will it start peeling on its own? Would love to spray my 95 Celica to keep from painting for now

My son's dipped gtr. I'm going to dip my 72 duster.

Attachments

• 0507140843.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 266
Would love to see some good testimonial and pics from someone here. I don't fully trust the ones on their website.

I would also like others to post up pics and testimonies of this product or the elastiwrap from Eastwood Co...I'm thinking of doing it on my rims and hood and roof as well once I do some rust repair and body work.

Thanks!

I will be doing my Mirada in black, but probably not until next summer when it's mechanically done. I've seen some good results from it, but have yet to try it myself. The nice thing about it is it's so cheap compared to painting a car the normal way. Plus, you can now do it in gloss, add flakes, a lot of things you can do with normal paint.

-
Back