Plastic blinker assembly question

-

Originalowner73 340duster

Reaction score
I got new blinker/ hazard light plastic piece that goes behind steering wheel for my 73 duster and it has extra 3 wires .purple.green with black stripe .brown with white stripe..and those 3wirea have a separate plug and is attached to blinker part of assembly..is this extra for different yrs cars ?? I don't have a place to plug this in and my old piece didn't have the extra wires on blonkbl assembly??

What is the piece I'm missing to put behind steering wheel mount to make the contact to the front of the horn..must be a circle with metal on back and a wire to connect to front of wheel..but can't find it or what it's called

15230575036391794124174.jpg

What is the piece I'm missing to put behind steering wheel mount to make the contact to the front of the horn..must be a circle with metal on back and a wire to connect to front of wheel..but can't find it or what it's called

View attachment 1715161854

That copper button is the contact, and the metal track contact surface for it is on the back side of the steering wheel.

That copper button is the contact, and the metal track contact surface for it is on the back side of the steering wheel.
Yes but We're can I find the piece..mine is mia..and what is the name of it..have pieces for front of wheel but not the back piece behind the steering wheel mount

Yes but We're can I find the piece..mine is mia..and what is the name of it..have pieces for front of wheel but not the back piece behind the steering wheel mount

Do you mean this, with the big heavy retainer/signal cancel part?
I might not answer for a bit as I have to leave in a min.

contact.jpg

Looks like what I need but I do have aftermarket steering wheel so not sure the piece behind the wheel mount..but will need to look something like that I would guess

I might have one of those brand new for a Grant wheel and if I remember correctly it is the mount from the wheel to the steering shaft and has that contact ring built into it. .
This evening I can take a look for it.

I might have one of those brand new for a Grant wheel and if I remember correctly it is the mount from the wheel to the steering shaft and has that contact ring built into it. .
This evening I can take a look for it.
Ok cool..my mount has pin on left side I guess for shutting blinker off..if you want I can take a picture of my mount and what I have..need spring also

This is all I got.....then the pic above with all I got on the steering shaft..hope this give everyone a better look at my mess.lol..im trien tho!!mount to left. cover then the wheel ..that piece with metal and gasket.then need spring then the button correct??

1523060703924835632053.jpg

This is all I got.....then the pic above with all I got on the steering shaft..hope this give everyone a better look at my mess.lol..im trien tho!!mount to left. cover then the wheel ..that piece with metal and gasket.then need spring then the button correct??

View attachment 1715161904
I need a piece that goes on the steering shaft and will fit behind steering wheel mount and not let the horn brass contact ride on it and not bend on the steering wheel mount

That doesn't look right I need the copper ring that is mounted to the triangle mounting piece. Thanks for your time and help

Gotcha, and all that comes with the installation kits.
In this video you will see that contact piece is part of the aluminum hub.

That is the piece I can't find, but it came with the install kit for Chrysler.

Last edited:
Holy crap it brought me back 20 yrs...and my wife's face as I went a 1/8 th mile on service Rd between blocks was priceless!!!

Some time after I put the Magnum in my Dart I took my Wife to the store in it, and on the way back I lit the tires for about 100 yards and she FREAKED OUT.
She wasn't pissed, but was hyperventilating badly.
What's up with that? :D

Some time after I put the Magnum in my Dart I took my Wife to the store in it, and on the way back I lit the tires for about 100 yards and she FREAKED OUT.
She wasn't pissed, but was hyperventilating badly.
What's up with that? :D
Mine loved it !! She loves old fast cars..after the 1/8 th rip I did she says ahhhh I love and miss that smell!!!

-
Back