Plastic door molding

-

KYRedbeard

Reaction score
As I've read, I've seen other with this issue and I'm reaching out to other Mopar guys for help. I understand nothing is free but I'm building on a tight budget. I'm trying to find the plastic trim that goes on the top of the front and rear door panels. 73 Dart Swinger. Mine are dry rotted and broke in a lot of pieces. They're extremely brittle. Can anyone help?

Same issues top of doors front and rear the plastic utter crap breaks like glass.

Top of the door panel plastic.

IMG_20211230_114300_01.jpg

Yes that color and piece exactly. My car has been sitting a long time and the plastic is cracking by a gentle touch. Like you said like glass
I have not found any reproduction for these I would use steel ones if they worked from the older cars. The idea of manufacturing my own is not an option will look terrible.

I have not found any reproduction for these I would use steel ones if they worked from the older cars. The idea of manufacturing my own is not an option will look terrible.
I understand that. I found some but within a few hours they were gone and I have seen any sense

Its amazing Classic industries or legendary are not making these. I'm sure a mold can be made even black would be useful..

Yessir, they could be hit w/ some Herbs, a custom blend from Napa, or I guess dyed.. never dyed anything. But this Dude I met MANY years ago Jim Drane, sent me some pics of a Hemi Sat he did. Just Plain Out Wow. Super Bad Man!

Its amazing Classic industries or legendary are not making these. I'm sure a mold can be made even black would be useful..
I agree if there is a need this high from all over the country they'd make a killing. They have everything else. I reckon in just gonna get some plastic weld from JBWeld and reconstruct them.

I agree if there is a need this high from all over the country they'd make a killing. They have everything else. I reckon in just gonna get some plastic weld from JBWeld and reconstruct them.
Yeah I broke the corner pieces Im pissed my jeans kept grabbing the edge sigh. Thought about trying to make a mold and make them.

-
Back