Plastic interior pieces

-

Sully1190

Look. It's a Gold Duster.
Reaction score
I know this is a newb question that will likely be met only with "google" as a response, but I have honestly looked through google, and multiple car parts shops from a mopar magazine I have, and still, I cannot find these pieces. I'm not even sure what they're called to search for them.

I have a 74 Plymouth Duster. I am looking for the plastic interior parts, like the ones on the tops of the door panels, the ones that cover inside of the A pillar, around the inside of the top of the car, etc. They're cracked up and need replacing, but for the life of me, I can't find them. Sorry. Still new at this.

I am pretty sure that there aren't any repro parts of these. Place a wanted ad, stating your color and maybe someone has them. Or use different colored pieces and dye them to your color.

Grant

I've got A pillar trim from a 70 I could sell you. I'm pretty sure they're the same as a 74?? But maybe get someone else to clarify this for you.

Damn. That's what I was afraid of ha. Thanks though guys. I guess I'll stalk around the classifieds.

DartMike, I have no idea if they are ha. What color is it?

There is a difference between the interior A-pillar covers. No post coupe parts are shorter than post sedan pieces. You did say Duster though. Good luck

Out of curiosity, since these parts don't exist in repro and seem few and far between ish, is there another option here that I'm missing?

Could I just have the pieces covered in a matching-color vynil or something simple? It'd probably be as cheap as tracking down good plastic pieces at this point.

Or maybe I can bondo and fill them :)

The pillar covers are made of some sort of vinyl plastic. Kits are available for "welding" the cracks and splits. You certainly can cover them with vinyl fabric and glue.

The pillar covers are made of some sort of vinyl plastic. Kits are available for "welding" the cracks and splits. You certainly can cover them with vinyl fabric and glue.

Thanks, but I don't think it'd work. It's alot bigger than just cracks. There are chunks missing in the middle. I think I'll fill the holes, sand them, and have them covered when I have the sears redone.

my 74 had a blue interior that was pretty busted up. I think we lucked out when we found a complete black interior in perfect shape in a junk yard.

any duster, demon or dart sport peices will work for you. if you dont find any in your price range, you could always go for a more custom look and fiberglass em and smooth em out and paint em body color or something

Sully1190 I learned a tip using epoxy putty to fill those missing pieces. I used it to repair a steering wheel. Basically you press the putty into the VERY clean area and then prime paint and polish.

A pillars are hard to find in good shape. I scored a set for my 68 Dart a week ago from a guy on Moparts. I don't frequint the site other then to look for parts. I've seen pillars on ebay. Put an want add on A Bodies ,also check out the parting out car section. Try Big Block Dart, Moparts. You might need to get creative.

not sure what I was reading at work, but thought it said something about interior trim....I think someone slipped something in my water. The seats are in good shape though

-
Back