Plastic splash guards?

-

Bronze Barracuda

Reaction score
I've been searching for cheap splash guards for my 68 Barracuda. I found someone locally that has plastic ones. Has anyone ever put them on older a bodies? Are they useable for a 68?
Thanks

Dodge ones will work with '67+ Darts and Demons, Plymouth ones on '67+ Valiants, Dusters and Scamps. I think you're outa luck with the Barracuda, but maybe someone has made them work..?

You do mean the ones between the inner and outer fenders behind the wheel, and not the little angular ones between the legs of the K frame, right?

Dodge ones will work with '67+ Darts and Demons, Plymouth ones on '67+ Valiants, Dusters and Scamps. I think you're outa luck with the Barracuda, but maybe someone has made them work..?
I never new there was a difference between the Plymouth's and Dodges.

Plastic on a 69 valiant that I parted, if that helps.

Here's the difference between the Duster/Valiant/Scamp version and the Dart/Demon/Dart Sport version. The Dart fender has a longer wheel opening, so, no raised mount.

splashsheilddiff copy.JPG

As far as what fits a Barracuda, you might try asking @RedFish . He mentioned in this other thread he was using plastic ones on his Barracuda, but he never clarified which version it was.

A-body splash shields the same?

If I was to volunteer a semi-educated wild *** guess, I would bet the Duster/Valiant version would work better, just because the wheel opening is closer to the same length as the Barracuda's vs the larger, swept back opening on the Dart's. But yeah, that's just a guess.

I have seen metal mud gaurds .
I would refer to the parts inside the fender as “inner fender liners “ .

I've always seen/heard them called splash shields.

Yup, that's what I call them. Mud flaps/guards are the ugly rubber/plastic things that hang off the bottom of the fender/quarter, the kind of thing that you see Yosemite Sam on for semi's.

The metal ones were used through 72 and in 73 they changed to plastic. I believe the duster ones will fit the barracuda but not 100% sure on that. Some of the metal ones are repopped but the plastic ones are not, unfortunately.

Yeah my car will not going to be a perfect resto. I definitely think the plastic ones were a good idea. It'd be nice if they were available

Yeah my car will not going to be a perfect resto. I definitely think the plastic ones were a good idea. It'd be nice if they were available

100% agree. I had them on my Duster ('74), and tracked down a set for the Dart fenders when I converted it. It's one of the few places a plastic part works better than a metal one, the later plastic version makes a hell of a lot more sense.

100% agree. I had them on my Duster ('74), and tracked down a set for the Dart fenders when I converted it. It's one of the few places a plastic part works better than a metal one, the later plastic version makes a hell of a lot more sense.
Funny thing I was on the ram website the other day building a 2500. One of the options was plastic wheel well liners. Im not sure if they covered the wheel wells or what but I believe the price was around $100 seems like a no brainer to me

I put the rear wheel liners on my 05 Ram 1500 and they protect inner part of wheel housing and also covers the frame.

-
Back