Plating, East of, or in Sacramento area?

-

Rice Nuker

Let the Coal Roll!
Reaction score
Hi All,

I used the search machine but found nil regarding plating in sacramento area.

Would anyone recommend a good operation? Mainly I want nickel, blackening, and possibly cad and chrome. The second two less important.

Trying to weight out the pain in the butt detail work vs. having it done professionally and right all at once.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

What about getting one of those kits from Caswell Plating and do it yourself? They go on sale all the time.

What about getting one of those kits from Caswell Plating and do it yourself? They go on sale all the time.

Well, because I am afraid it (home plating) will fall off or rust. I bought a metal blackening kit from them and it blackens the metal but it does almost nothing to protect it from rust. I have to keep the parts submerged in oil to prevent instantaneous rusting to oblivion. Kidding. But home blackening (cold) is marginal in my opinion. Probably why real metal blackening and runs at like 390 F in a cauldron of noxicisity. My concern with the nickel is a similar result.. failure.

I reckon if I get the nickel electrolysis kit and spend like half my days with the solutions, electrodes, power supplies, wires connected to each little item and ahhhh... I think on the little parts, Id rather drink whiskey, shoot my pistol at meteors, pay out some American green to a qualified American professional and wait for the parts to show up in the mail all shiny.

:glasses7:

Oh yea, I need to talk to you about some valve covers.

Will send PM.

You crack me up Rice Nuker. Can't wait to talk to you some day. :-D I'll look forward to your PM (or look FOR your PM ... haven't gotten that far yet).

Alta Plating in Sacramento. Off of Power Inn. They do great work...just tag your parts well...they are a big shop, running LOTS of parts...and sometime little orders get lost.

I used Sacramento Chrome for my plastic dash pieces. They are off Watt Ave, ~3 mi south of U.S. 50. It is a chemical spray process, that he says is more rugged than vacuum vapor deposition. I'll know in a year or two.

-
Back