Please don't shoot me

-

deanster

Reaction score
I bought another project. It is a 1980 monza coupe. I plan on swapping in a small block. Does anyone know of a great website like FABO for monzas? Thanks....Dean

Bump. You can PM me if you dont want anyone to know. Ill keep it secret....Dean

I bought another project. It is a 1980 monza coupe. I plan on swapping in a small block. Does anyone know of a great website like FABO for monzas? Thanks....Dean

Monza? Chevy stuff????? Oooooooooooooh them's fightin' words! Good luck with the project.

EastwoodMyLawn.jpg

Alway's wanted a V8 Vega pro-street myself,would a 440 fit in one?

Thanks guys. I'm thinking 400sbc but I bet it would scream with a 340. HMMM

Man I had a 79 Monza years ago! God I loved that car and wish I had never given it away. I havent seen another for years either and I have been looking. (Love the coupe not the fastback version which I dont really like)

Mine had the v6 (196?), would have been cooler with a 305 or 350...

Could you post some pix please?

Thought I might help you out...................

http://www.v8monza.com/links.htm

A neighbor lady of mine had a 350 Monza. Ran pretty good... even better with a nice cam and 4 bbl.

Monza...Spider? All others came with the 305, and what a P>I>T>A, to change the starter.

My bro's '68 Galaxy, 302, 2 bbl, blew the doors off the Spyder consistantly...my .02.

My second car was a 75 Monza Town Coupe with a 262 V8. Fun little car.

If anybody's really looking for one, talk with Billy. He's been trying to sell / trade his '76 Pontiac Astre either as a roller or otherwise because I need the room in my shop. Has a 350 punched .030 with a really cool hidden nitrous system and a Mopar 8 3/4 with a Sure Grip and 3.23s. Pics available upon request. No rust at all (rare in those cars so it's the Holy Grail of Astres), the body work is done and it's sitting in Euro primer. The list of mods is longer than my arm.

I never had a Monza,so you get twenty days on the "Rack"! J/K,sounds like a neat project,good luck.8)

I had 2 of these when I was 15, one was a 350 4 speed, the other a 4 cylinder auto. I actually completely forgot about them until now.
They were cool cars, cheap, and easy to stick a v8 into.
Not mine, but very similar to the 350 one:

1975ChevroletMonzaTowneCoupe.jpg

Matt, that's the same one I had but it was dark blue. Here's Billy's Astre (ready to load but you'll need a 24' trailer to haul all the extra stuff that comes with it!!!) ... Tom the Cat not included. :-D

lol i would tub it and drop a bb in it now that would be one hell of a monza lol 9 sec monza

-
Back