please explain this to me (corporate face)

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
so, over the years car manufactures have used big names from sport music actors to sell their cars
and I got it, I do, people are idiots and think...if this car is good enough for snoopie dog ot kate upton the it is good enough for me

but what in the world where they thinking when they decided to use an achornmar2 commercial to plug a dodge?

its almost as bad as GMs slogan (and I always picture elmer fudds whiningly saying) we are professional grade

I mean seriously, if anything this will make me want to buy a foreign car

Because stupid people will buy anything.

Mostly aimed at the "National Enquirer" crowd I guess! As with laws, they are made for the stupidest person out there and the rest of us have to suffer for it!! Geof

Market research shows that most people will buy anything and not know why. When i had a job working with other shops with shop management and marketing I would ask people what the pink bunny sold and 8 out of 10 people would not have the correct answer. So theirs your answer people want to be entertained when they buy something and thats how it works.

I had a chance to ask someone that works for Chrysler marketing about the new commercials and she said they were very happy with the results.

what bugs me the most is that at some point in time mopars had class, we had cars with Corinthian leather

now, we have ron burgundy, that is like school in july

Ron Burgundy

That Sales Ad was 'test marketed' by Madison Avenue, and scored off the charts....

Al Davis.... 'Just win Baby'.

I just don't get it, this is exactly the type of thing I would want to distance myself from
these adds are on the short list of reasons why the wifey is driving a GMC acadia right now

I just cant take them serious
not only because they use such a tool to try and sell their cars but because they dont even bother to make a commercial for their product, they just piggy back on the movie commercial

I cant believe people buy into this
but then again...there is always the white house...that should have been a clue

I don't watch those commercials, cause I don't think Ferrel is that funny.

The same was said back it the when you had a car named after a Desert bird and its horn went Beep Beep!!!

Would you go out and buy a Hemi Charger because of 'Steve Grayson'.

Many did just that.

Elvis-Speedway.jpg

I read that he was doing the ads for free. That way the movie gets free air time.

It is like famous singers or actors weighing in on politics.. would I vote for a guy because "Sting" likes him ?

It is like famous singers or actors weighing in on politics.. would I vote for a guy because "Sting" likes him ?

after that court case about the honey he kinda lost his credibility :happy1:

I'm one guy that celeb marketing does not work with. Years ago a friend of mine bought some kind of new Ferd "Eddie Baur" somethin. I used to give him ****

"How MUCH did you pay for this, and it's got SOMEBODY ELSE'S name on it????"

I could never see goin' inta' say, Pennies 'er some fair 'er convention and BUYING somethin' like a Caterpiller (put your fave logo here) hat, either

The ones that bug me the most are the comercials that act like they are doing me huge favor by extending a sale.

"So your going to pretend like it's some big deal that you went totally out of your way and made it where I could by a car from you on Saturday too???" :finga:

I'm one guy that celeb marketing does not work with. Years ago a friend of mine bought some kind of new Ferd "Eddie Baur" somethin. I used to give him ****

"How MUCH did you pay for this, and it's got SOMEBODY ELSE'S name on it????"

I could never see goin' inta' say, Pennies 'er some fair 'er convention and BUYING somethin' like a Caterpiller (put your fave logo here) hat, either

You are not the only one. :D

-
Back