Please help. 74 Dart sport 318 to 360

-

SharpDJS

Reaction score
I am at a loss on these motor mounts. I've had multiple people tell me that the slant 6 and 318 use the same motor mounts, so I got the TransDapt conversion mounts but they don't look like the line up with the k member supports. If anyone could point me in the right direction on this it would be much appreciated, I got too much money in this pile to give up now. I can post photos later.

Heres some Photos if it helps

0403171911.jpg

0403171911a.jpg

0403171913.jpg

0403171911b.jpg

Not fully understanding the question, but the pictures of the motor mounts in the K frame are backwards.

Not fully understanding the question, but the pictures of the motor mounts in the K frame are backwards.
I'm just having trouble finding the parts required to fit the 360, I've been told the 318 mounts won't work.

In the pics, everything on the block(biscuit mounts) gets set aside for the spool mount and yes you do have them sitting in there backwards, but they don't look like conversion mounts to me.

You need 360 mounts for a spool k

Last edited:
Pretty sure you have the wrong mounts. Looks to me that you have the mounts for a biscuit K frame but your car has the spool type K frame. The two are not interchangeable.

Contact Schumacher and get a kit of one of theirs. \6 spool type mounts ARE different than small block V8 mounts.
So the 340/360 poly spool replacement kit on schumacher's website would work with the 73' 360 block?

So the 340/360 poly spool replacement kit on schumacher's website would work with the 73' 360 block?
Does your car have a slant 6 or small block K frame

In the pics, everything on the block(biscuit mounts) gets set aside for the spool mount and yes you do have them sitting in there backwards, but they don't look like conversion mounts to me.

You need 360 mounts for a spool k
I don't have the conversion mounts in the pictures, the ones on the block came with it and the ones sitting in the car are from the 318, sorry I sat them in backwards. I'm new to this mopar thing.

I don't have the conversion mounts in the pictures, the ones on the block came with it and the ones sitting in the car are from the 318, sorry I sat them in backwards. I'm new to this mopar thing.
My above post stands.

You should only need one mount for the drivers side, and even that one you could modify to fit. The passenger side spool mount will work on the 360.

Alright I just ordered the correct mounts from Schumachers website, thanks for the help everyone!

Just did the 318 to 360 swap in my Powerwagon and ran into the same thing......Driver side 360 mount is different from the 318 and got me when I went to drop it in! Glad you got it figured out!

You could have used the 318 spool mounts you have and shimmed the drivers side to fit on the engine ears.

You could have used the 318 spool mounts you have and shimmed the drivers side to fit on the engine ears.
did you see the condition of those mounts? Zoom in, they look pretty much destroyed.

I have the drivers mount shimmed on my power wagon and duster, but with new rubber.

Yea I tried the shimming method, but it just didn't sit right and looked cocked so I ordered a 360 one so it was right. That and some new rubber mounts and she sits perfect in there!

-
Back