Please Help Identify wires on harness - 68 Barracuda

-
Photo 9: Radio

One red wire, one white, one orange.

The orange wire is the dash light dimming circuit and is good to hook up gauge lights to, so they dim and bright with the dash lights.

View attachment Photo 9 Radio.jpg

Ok, that's all I got for now, I can't figure out pic 11 or the black/white wire in pic 10.

How did I score? What's my grade??? #-o

I would then look for any other open connections that have to be made. We haven't done any blower connections...

Ok, that's all I got for now, I can't figure out pic 11 or the black/white wire in pic 10.

How did I score? What's my grade??? #-o

I would then look for any other open connections that have to be made. We haven't done any blower connections...

On a scale of 1 - 10 ? That scored a solid 11!
Darn good knowledge you have there!

Thank you, i think I can figure out the last bit!

Thanks a million!

Jeff

Photo 10: wiper switch

2 brown, pink, red, dark green, dark blue, wires.

I'm not sure on the black/white one yet... #-o

View attachment 1714866147

Wait a minute!!!

I bet this black wire is for the heater blower power. You may have to remove the wire out of the old connector and install this one...

Go to pages 8-112 & 8-113 in the 68 plymouth service manual. That is circuit C1-14 bk. Trace it coming out of the fuse block.
(circuit c1, with a 14 gauge black wire with a white tracer/stripe). It goes to the accessory side of the fuse block opposite the orange wires just next to the red wires. Stick a continuity tester on the black wire accessory of the output side of the fuse block and the other to the end of that black/white wire and see if it has continuity.

Then you must use it to feed the input (hot) center terminal on the heater blower connector, or if it has a/c, it goes to the hot wire connector that connects to the push button switch on the back of the a/c control. You fish out the old wire out of the connector and then push this one into that spot.

By making that a seperate wire, that harness is flexible to adapt to either heater only or an a/c equipped car...

View attachment Photo 10 wiper switch.jpg

On a scale of 1 - 10 ? That scored a solid 11!
Darn good knowledge you have there!

Thank you, i think I can figure out the last bit!

Thanks a million!

Jeff

I've wired many of these old Barracudas and valiants from 67-71...

Just did the new dash harness on the son's 71 Valiant...

You're bringing back memories/flashbacks of that... :banghead:

1= hibeam foot switch
2 = Rear Harness
3= Horn relay
4=E-flasher switch on dash
5=Brake light switch and male ground is for Ebrake handle switch
6=?
7= Circuit board directly behind Speedo
8=Ammeter
9=maybe heater
10=Ignition
11=?? maybe console or tach?
12=Yellow= door jab switch for interior lights red = cig lighter

#6- looks like your turn signal flasher. Below is a pic of my 68 barracuda dash on the bench all wired up.

Attachments

• back of dash.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 129
You might want to consider deleting the ammeter and replacing it with a volt meter. They are a known source of problems since all the power of your electrical system runs through them. More than one car has been burnt to the ground as a result of these things. Now they are all 50+ years old. Mine is disconnected on my Dart. This is according to Ron Francis premier harness and accessory builder.
https://www.ronfrancis.com/searchprods.asp

nevermind, didn't see that this thread had gone to 2 pages already.

-
Back