Please help me ID this Holley 2-barrel.

-

64ragtop

Reaction score
I think maybe it came off a 360 in an 80's Dodge van. Any info, tips or other helpful comments much appreciated. BC

Attachments

• IMG_0493 (Medium).jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0494 (Medium).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0495 (Medium).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0496 (Medium).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0497 (Medium).jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 193
Standard 360 Holley carb, the bolt pattern is bigger than the 318 Carters.

Thanks for the replies, folks. Poking around their site, I found that Holley maintains a bunch of instruction sheets for their carbs. Good for them.
However, the catch is that you have to enter the part number to download the info. I tried entering each of the three lines of characters stamped into the float bowl, pictured above. No luck. How do I go about finding the part number for this carb, please?

BC

Thanks, 65. That got me closer, but the Holley site lookup doesn't recognize the number. Guess I'll have to contact them directly

BC

It's a 64-3201 part number, and from here...

[ame]http://www.holley.com/data/Catalogs/Reman/134.pdf[/ame] and pages 135,136,137.

Basically, almost all "A,B,D,W" truck or van with 360 2bbl from '79 used it.

Hope this helps....

I call those garbage can carburetors. That's where I put um.

Well, fiddledeedee, 65! Even that number doesn't work on the Holley site. I'm not really all that interested in what vehicle the carb was used on. What I'm looking for is a manual, instruction sheet or use and tuning tips. Something to show me which vacuum hoses go where, which I can just cap off, availability of an electric choke for it, like that. I might use it on my 225 /6 on an Offy 4-barrel manifold with an adaptor, but I'm sure that would call for reworking most of the tuning bits. Thanks again!

BC

That link I quoted was the Holley site...just the reman section. I don't think you'll find too much info on it as it was just a non -performance,run-of-the-mill 2 bbl, grocery-getter carb that, like RRR said, usually went into the scrap pile at the first opportunity. I have one of these, somewhere, if you want to run a pair of 'em?

You can determine ported vacuum ports from full-time manifold vacuum ports, then figure out what you need for your vehicle, and cap off the rest. Prolly no electric choke conversion for it, or tuning tips for that matter.

Anyway, have fun with it!

Nasty. I would use a Holley 2300 before that thing. ewwwww

..... I don't think you'll find too much info on it as it was just a non -performance,run-of-the-mill 2 bbl, grocery-getter carb that, like RRR said, usually went into the scrap pile at the first opportunity. I have one of these, somewhere, if you want to run a pair of 'em?

You can determine ported vacuum ports from full-time manifold vacuum ports, then figure out what you need for your vehicle, and cap off the rest. Prolly no electric choke conversion for it, or tuning tips for that matter.

Anyway, have fun with it!

Thanks for the info and guidance, 65. RRR, thanks for the comments, but I'm hoping to LEARN more about carbs. No doubt you have the experience to just junk the 8598s you find.
I got the carb for free, and if I put a kit in it and tinker for a while and come to agree with your opinions - well, hell, I can afford the kit price and have plenty of spare time.
So, no harm done 'cept maybe a new dent in my trash can when I'm done with it.

BC

-
Back