please review Rock Auto Cardone calipers

-

str12-340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of calipers for my 70 Dart. I see that Rock Auto has Cardone calipers available. Are these good quality replacements? I have seen them reviewed here but all threads are years old - wondering if they are still good to use.

I haven't used those particular calipers, but I have often used other Cardone products with perfectly acceptable results. I wouldn't hesitate to try them if I needed them. Besides, not many other options out there.

Last edited:
I'm looking for a set of calipers for my 70 Dart. I see that Rock Auto has Cardone calipers available. Are these good quality replacements? I have seen them reviewed here but all threads are years old - wondering if they are still good to use.

I bought my K-H 4-piston calipers from Cardone, though that was several years ago. They supply the same part to the Mustang crowd, in much bigger numbers, so I imagine the quality is still tolerable.

I purchased the Cardone rebuilt calipers from Rock Auto in 2013. 24,*** miles later still working great

Thanks for all the input - nothing like getting reviews from folks that have actually used the parts! FABO ROCKS!!!

Until just recently, the K-H calipers have been out of stock at most places. One of Rockauto's warehouses was clearancing the left side calipers for $65 and no core charge, so I grabbed a couple. They didn't last long. I guess if you need them, get them while you can.
I've used lots of Cardone stuff over the years. Calipers, an alternator, FWD axle half shafts. More I'm sure. All were fine.

for those seeking these calipers, they seem to be in stock right now - both sides. I ordered a pair (2 different part numbers) and they sent me an e-mail that says they were shipped today. When they come in I'll let y'all know how they look.

So they showed up today and they look just like the old ones - a Couple of things: they showed up without the two small lines that route brake fluid around the calipers so now I'm of a hunt for a new set (anybody know a source?). They also came with no anti rattle clips. They are a right and left set with the bleeder screw in opposite places.

I got a set for my 340 swinger about 3 years ago I was happy to get them and they work flawlessly. Other sources wanted over twice as much.

Do they come with the transfer line from one side to the other of the calipers? That seems to be the hardest factory part for my K-H front brakes. I can learn to make my own with my hand tools.

Thanks, Brothers! I ordered a set. I've bought some calipers from other members on this sight ,just needed the transfer lines. Many thanks from an old mad wanting to finish his Swinger before he croaks.

an old mad wanting to finish his Swinger before he croaks.

HEY! I resemble that remark...

DSC02952.JPG

We still need to meet up on the mainland before we head south.

OK, so I'm having an 'Oldtimers moment'... Did we set up to meet sometime? Is going south going to Portland swap this next week? Sorry but my memory is sometimes for sh$t

, I'm headed to Portland for their big swap meet this week. How about Saturday April 9th? I can head over your way or you can come see my 3 70 Darts here on Vashon!

Good for you for the swapmeet. I'm heading to Mount Spokane for a couple weeks in Mid April to celebrate my beautiful wife's retirement, and my 64th birthday on the 12th. We'll be doing some "conservative" activities. Lets try for late April or May, unless they finally approve my knee replacement before then. I've been waiting 2 years. I'd love to see your Darts. I've been following your posts for awhile, all are spot on. I'm having Action Machine build my shortblock for my 408. Slapping this stuff on it.
20210526_182534.jpg
20210413_183631.jpg

-
Back