Please tell me I made a smart commitment....

-
Think that car was at Spring fling in Van Nuys last year for sale and it was a good deal then!

Well, I picked up the GTS yesterday finally and got it into my garage :D

I think I'm in a lot better shape than I initially thought I was...car still has an original bucket seat, the GT door panel emblems, all the windows roll...

Now I just need to start stripping this thing and getting ready to drop it off for paint. Needless to say I'm a little excited. The body is great with exception of some really, really small dings and those CB antennae holes. Also, I'll need to weld in some replacement inner fenders on the rear due to the first owner cutting them out for whatever reason to put bigger tires in. Nothing impossible though, I don't think..

I would locate a parts car to rob parts from as you put this 1 back together. That is an interesting steering wheel. I think AZMopar was looking for that wheel for his 67 valiant pilot car

I would locate a parts car to rob parts from as you put this 1 back together. That is an interesting steering wheel. I think AZMopar was looking for that wheel for his 67 valiant pilot car

Luckily I have a 67 2 door post car that I'm going to use for all the missing dash pieces and what have you. It has a back seat also that I'm going to recover with the GT seat cover. I had actually bought a bunch of parts for that one to restore that I still have on hand (carpet, headliner, etc) when I had originally thought it was a hardtop and not a post.

Looks like I'll have to find some front inner fender wells as well. That explains the headers sitting inside the car.

-
Back