please tell me if my front suspension parts list is correct...

-

moparfreak77

Reaction score
I have a 68 Valiant, non power drums all round. No sway bar, maybe later. Using spindles, discs, calipers etc from a 77 Aspen. I want to totally rebuild the front end plus convert to disc brakes. Does the following look correct? Moog part numbers...

1968 Valiant parts...
Strut Rod Bushing - K7040
LCA Bushing - K791
Idler Arm - K7042
Pitman Arm - K7074
Inner Tie Rod - ES319L - (ES355RL from a 77 New Yorker? 1/2 the price)
Outer Tie Rod - ES319R - (ES352R from a 77 New Yorker? 1/2 the price)
Adjuster Sleeve - ES319S - (ES440S from a 77 New Yorker? 1/2 the price)

1973+ Valiant...
New UCA's
UCA Bushings - K7103
UBJ - K772 (K720A?)
Lower Ball Joint L - K783 R - K781
The Lower Ball Joints from the Aspen are not part of the "Steering Arm" like the 68 Valiant.

73-79 B Body or 77 Aspen?
Caliper Flex Lines

Also want to do Bump Stops, Torsion Bar Dust Boots, Shocks at the same time.

Am I forgetting anything?

Last edited:
Master cylinder and when I rebuilt my front end i used bigger inner and outer tie rods and adjusting sleeves from a new yorker.

Yeah the bolted right up they are bigger to reduce flex and alot cheaper if i remember. They were from a 77 new yorker with a 440.

When you are all done with your list you end up with something like this. Just finished mine last month.
20170704_220758.jpg

Yeah i think i got four tie rods and two sleeves for the price of two original tie rods

Do I need LCA's from a 73+ Valiant or just Lower Ball Joints from a 73+?

Sounds like calipers mounted in front will interfere the sway bar...which I dont have. Will the 73+ flex lines work on a front mount setup? Or I hear 73-79 B Body or 77 Aspen flex lines if the calipers are mounted in the rear?

Should I buy the Problem Solver Bushings and Ball Joints even though I may not have a problem?

just the 73+ ball joints

don't know about the flex lines

I didn't get the offset UCA bushings just the regular ones and all is fine

-
Back