Plug selection 360 Magnum

-

pjc360

Reaction score
What would be a better plug to run in a 300 hp crate 360 magnum. The NGK BKR5E or the NGK ZFR5F11's?
The ZFR5F11's have a longer electrode then the BKR5E, The BkR5E is the same exact length as the champion rc12yc's which was the factory plug in the 360 magnums for awhile.
I'm just wondering if running the longer ZFR5F11's would hurt anything since they are a little longer? They look like they would most likely run a little bit warmer then the bkr5e's too. I run 91 octane ethanol free fuel and I live 4000 feet above sea level. And my timing is 15 degrees initial and 33 degrees total. Which plug would you run out of these two?

What would be a better plug to run in a 300 hp crate 360 magnum. The NGK BKR5E or the NGK ZFR5F11's?
The ZFR5F11's have a longer electrode then the BKR5E, The BkR5E is the same exact length as the champion rc12yc's which was the factory plug in the 360 magnums for awhile.
I'm just wondering if running the longer ZFR5F11's would hurt anything since they are a little longer? They look like they would most likely run a little bit warmer then the bkr5e's too. I run 91 octane ethanol free fuel and I live 4000 feet above sea level. And my timing is 15 degrees initial and 33 degrees total. Which plug would you run out of these two?

My brother ran the Champion RC12LYC in his 340 and they worked well. L for being slighter longer I would suggest. I would always check they are going to work for you though. Sorry no advice on the others in your post.

I run the stock plug until the engine requires something different. The stock plug can take you pretty far. Sometimes a step colder is all you'll need for the street and mild track.

I'm more interested in the different length's between the two plugs. They both fit the 360 magnum but the ZFR5F11's are slightly longer. Why did mopar use the shorter plugs then switch to the longer plugs? I think they made the switch to the longer nose plugs in 97. Would it benefit me to run the plug with the longer nose since I live 4000 feet above sea level? I've read when your in higher elevation the engine can handle more timing and that's basically what the longer nosed plug would do correct? Fire the mixture that much sooner since it's a little longer.

NGK 5 hands down. Champions fowled real bad for me, NGK are sooooo clean and readable.

-
Back