Plug Wires, Daily Driver

-

red446

Reaction score
Can anybody recommend a quality 7 MM plug wire for a daily driver, 99 5.2 Dakota 4x4 5spd well setup w/ cold air induction, chip, posi, duals but no engine mods. Also would go with 8 MM but need quality wire looms for magnum v8. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated guys. And unless you have better suggestions I'll be running IRIDIUM Plugs. Thanks Guys

have you considered the "mopar" oem wires? They last a good while and fit like they were designed for the engine. They might be pricey the last time I bought them I worked at a dealer so I can't recall what they cost.

Are they only available from the dealer, or do speed shops carry them?
Thanks very much
have you considered the "mopar" oem wires? They last a good while and fit like they were designed for the engine. They might be pricey the last time I bought them I worked at a dealer so I can't recall what they cost.

From a post I made on another forum...

I am using MSD Streetfire Wires on my project. They are a made in USA, 8mm, black. universal fit set. Cost about $35 at Summit.

Unfortunately I cut one wire a little short, and wanted to redo my coil wire with straight boots/terminals instead of the 90 degree ones that came with my kit.

Autozone was on the way home from work. I usually expect the cheapest of the worst from them, and was expecting to buy a single wire along with boots and terminals for the coil wire.

I ended up buying a complete set of Duralast #1601 cut-to-fit wires (90 degree dizzy & plug boots, straight coil wire boots, plain black rubber, 8mm, 2 year warranty) that are made in USA and look an awful lot like my MSD's. For $15 the set.

I was very pleasantly surprised at both the quality and price. Unless they turn out to have some hidden flaw these should be real popular with the budget-minded rodder.

FWIW Duralast #1600 is the same wire set but with straight plug boots, and both sets come with terminals for HEI & socket style dizzys.

Ive used some taylor made on diffrent projects and have good success with them, jegs-summit carry them.

-
Back