plug wires

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Has anyone used these Fire50s that are for sale on moparts? They show like a good amount of improvent over other plug wires... anything will help me

All the marketing hype about ohms per inch with ignition wires is in the big scheme of things irrelevent. It's not going to make any difference that you can feel and is barely measurable with an oscilloscope.

Any wire from a reputable supplier will do the job just fine. So whether you like Taylor, MSD, Accel, Moroso or even stock Bosch replacements wires they all will do the job.

I'll play devils advocate here for a minute. I just bought a set for my 340, they are replacing the 7mm Accel yellow superstock wires that were on it. It is a night/day difference on aesthetics and fit/finish. I dont know about performance forsure yet, but there is something to be said for the quality of materials, look and fit these wires have. Plus I like the fact that they are black. I just dont like the "aftermarket" look of yellow or blue wires. In my opinion they are subtle, yet make your engine compartment look much better and are very nice. Are they worth the $129 price tag? that's up to the individual...

Once I get my motor back together I'll post a performance review if I notice anything. Since I'm replacing heads/intake/carb it may be difficult to narrow it down to what the wires alone did for me. I suppose I could swap back the Accels for a test though. We'll see...

ive heard from reputable people that there has been a gain in power their cars. they seem to be a very good plug wire, enough so that when the time comes for wires for me, ill be going straight to them

I've had issues on different cars with the Accel wires relating to misfires.

I do use the Fyrewires on my 72' and MSD's on the 73'. No problems so far.

I put them on my car. They replaced the Taylors. Did they make a difference? The car runs smoother and doesn't foul the plugs as bad. The quality of the wire is excellent. Fit and finish is great. I think they are worth it.

Fred B

74Burnt, can you post a link to them? Sound very interesting. I went to moparts and couldn't find them. Who makes these fire50's?

I've been very satisfied with my Taylor wires,i'm running them on my current stroker and ran them on my previous 340,not one single problem and at half the price of the firecores..

wow, that sure sparked some conversation. I like the FyreWyre's because they give a more stealth/stock look that's not quite....well stock.

-
Back