Plymouth Barracuda -69

-

Levin

Reaction score
Hi everybody!
I'm new to this forum and also a beginner when it comes to classic cars (I got my Barracuda one week ago). Hence I will most likely have quite a few "beginner questions", which I hope you can support me with :)
Cheers,
Magnus from Malmö, Sweden

Welcome and congrats on the Barracuda catch. We were all beginners at some point. Don't be shy, ask away.

You have a rare and unique mopar !

Welcome and goodluck!

Feel free to post and get proper info.

Hi, new to this. Picked up a 69 340 formula "S" barracuda fastback. auto,b5 blue.
slow restoration, found a 68 with the rear fold down seat,being that mine needs an interior due to the local mouse population I want to redo the interior and install the rear seat.
the doner car has a "performance" gauge (vacuum) in the cluster or should I just get the repro tach ????? real barn find !

how is the rear seat removed ??? I have tried to push/pull the bottom seat with no results!!:banghead:

motor runs well

Hi, new to this. Picked up a 69 340 formula "S" barracuda fastback. auto,b5 blue.
slow restoration, found a 68 with the rear fold down seat,being that mine needs an interior due to the local mouse population I want to redo the interior and install the rear seat.
the doner car has a "performance" gauge (vacuum) in the cluster or should I just get the repro tach ????? real barn find !

how is the rear seat removed ??? I have tried to push/pull the bottom seat with no results!!:banghead:

motor runs well

Although I don't have a fastback, this should work for you. There should be 2 rear facing hooks that protrude from the floor pan. Push the bottom rear seat back. You may need a little force if it hasn't been removed before. Then push the seat up towards the roof and then pull it forward. Your build sheet could be on the underside of the seat.

First, welcome Magnus. I have a 69 Fastback that I just restored. Second, Jazak, the folding part of the seat comes out with two bolts on each side by the hinges. You will have to take off a little cover that hides the bolts. The covers are right by the hinges and are held in by a few Philips head screws.

Welcome Magnus and enjoy your new friends:coffee2: Lots of great help and advice here!

Dave,

Thanks All! Here's some pics of my Barracuda.

Attachments

• DSC_0220.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_0223 (1).jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC_0225.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC_0226.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_0229.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 107
-