plymouth scamp fender question

-

spikekid999

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Reaction score
i have a 74 dart sport that needs front fenders, i can get a pair off a 72ish scamp. i know theyll bolt up and the body lines will match, but will my dart headlight bezels, and header panel bolt up to the scamp fenders?

i have a 74 dart sport that needs front fenders, i can get a pair off a 72ish scamp. i know theyll bolt up and the body lines will match, but will my dart headlight bezels, and header panel bolt up to the scamp fenders?

the front fenders on these cars are NOT the same....the scamp is basically a dart with the Duster front clip. FYI the duster is about 4 inches shorter in the nose...get a tape measure out and you'll see the dart/dart sport have the longer front hood, fenders, etc. when compared to a scamp/duster.

unless you're swapping everything from the windshield up...it's not a bolt on.

cant measure the two as the dart is up in wisconsin and im down in texas.
i just know a guy that bought a scamp for the drivetrain and gonna scrap it as theres no title, and figured id get the fenders to replace the rotted ones on my dart.
just need the fenders, got too much work into my front end to swap it out for the ugly scamp/duster front end

gotcha, well either way they aren't the same...people part out 4 door darts all the time (2 and 4 doors ARE the same)...on the 73 and up cars. shouldn't be a hard find.

google image the side profile of a scamp, and 73+ dart...and you'll see what i'm talking about. i made the mistake of buying duster fenders thinking they'd fit my dart back when i was a teenager...live and learn!

with A bodies you can usually swap plymouth parts for plymouth parts and dodge parts for dodge parts but cant mix the two without swapping the entire clip.

For a '74 Dart you'll need '73-76 Dart or Dart Sport fenders. Duster, Scamp, Valiant, and even earlier Dart fenders won't work without swapping a lot more than just the fenders.

i have a super great condition pair of fenders for u tan in color 99%rust free let me know i will ship we can figure somthing out if u want im not needing much out of them pm me.

What's 99% rust free? What's been done to em body work wise previously?
I got a pair I patched up, but still need quite a bit of body work done to em, figured id just keep a look out for some nice rust free southern ones that need minimal body work since I'm down here

99% rust free mens no pinholes surface rust in spots and are original paint tan no bodywork done has trime holes down the side could be patched easy

-
Back