Polka polka nights

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone into polka dance and music here.

I joined a polka club in Denver, CO and of course the membership is mainly older, well much older people. (Dances do not go on very late)

I think the dancing is fun and I do dance with old gentlemen, seems the younger ones don't dance or want to dress up.

When I was a kid, I hated Polka-my mom always listened to it on Saturdays. She was German on both sides, so I guess. Then about 30 some years ago, I started getting interested in WW2 and the Big Band music didn't seem so bad. I actually like it now. So GO girl-have fun!

I'd give anything to be 30 years younger and go to the Oktoberfest in Munich.
Who says you have to be younger, just do it anyway and when you have a lady on each arm and having a kick *** time, who cares how old you're not.

Our family is German on both sides, so yes, I've been known to enjoy a good Polka dance occasionally. I don't dance myself, but we enjoy the music and the costumes.

Why? so you can smell stale, hot beer and vomit?

Edit: Oktoberfest in München is a life goal. @RRR you don't have to sell it to me, I already said I want to go. :rofl:

Last edited:
My siblings and I and our spouses are really into polka and Oktoberfest. We actually have our own parties in my sister’s basement, complete with decorations, dancing, and traditional German drinking games. There is polka music on the radio in my garage every Sunday morning.

IMG_4497.jpeg

IMG_3296.jpeg

Ocktoberfest here in the states turned into a drunk fest, over in Germany it's a good time for everyone. I've been to a couple of German cities for Ocktoberfest and you don't see the foolishness there that is seen here.

-
Back