Votes: 58 49.2%
  • 3.58 Stroked 340

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
It's not a 360 vs 360 thread.
It is a 5.9 vs stroking a 340 thread.
No debate as I see it. Just opinion searching from the OP.
Ether is good in my book.

I've seen those stroked 340s perform and they seem to..well...GO!!!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do9lMei0bUg"]340 small block duster makes first street run - YouTube[/ame]

Holy Smoke! That Duster was awesome!
Sorry if I upset people by starting a thread on what seemed like a 340 vs. 360 thread, I am trying to decide which way to go with these ideas I have. I think dollar wise it will be a close wash out, for what I will need in parts for the Magnum vs. what I will need for the 340. I will hve some spare time this week to tear it apart and inspect what I have w/ the magnum. After that, I will have to make a decision on which one to build.
Thanks for all the input!

360 block, cheaper build
340 block, slightly better
Worth the extra $$$$ ????

But I don't get when people try to convince people with a 340 to sell and build a 360.

360 block, cheaper build
340 block, slightly better
Worth the extra $$$$ ????

But I don't get when people try to convince people with a 340 to sell and build a 360.

I do not see any cost savings worth bragging about between the two blocks or stock displacement. So I think it is a wash. The 340 is slightly better, but like the cost difference between blocks, for 99% of the builds, it's a wash. Worth the extra money. Depends greatly on what your doing.

Selling a 340 block could yield about half of the machine work or all the short back parts to a 360 block but not the other way around. Again, what your going to use can alter this greatly.

While trying to avoid a pissing match.....

The first problem is the blurred line.
You don't exactly have a Holley on your ride. You have a aftermarket modified carb based on a Holley. The ThermoQuad has no such after market support. So since I can not have the same luxury you need to get a box stock era correct Holley that the manufacture used as OEM to compare.
When you get a Holley on your ride, let me know.
You have a modified unit from Quick Fuel.

There is also so many Holley carbs, which one? You always write and sometimes just write in caps, "HOLLEY!" With so many versions, you leave a lot to desire. OH! How much money for for your Quick Fuel? (New)

Now, if you wish to continue this convo, please by all means PM me and we can then continue. Until then.... I'm sure you can refrain from carrying on and turning the thread into a mucked up mess.

As per your challenge, I'd love to but would rather not waste my time & be around a negitive atmosphere where I get the feeling you would just be a loud mouth and yell things like "Imagine how much faster you would be with a Holley." And other such normal comments is bet you would make.

If you actually read my posts .......

Man,i wish people knew what the hell they're talking about:violent1::violent1:

Back to the subject at hand build the 340...

Just my two cent here,
I had a 340 with a 360 crank . it was just a very fun ride . it went from 8.22 in the 1/8 mile to 7.62 with some work not to much just changed the cam and crab. I had j heads w/ 2.02 /1.60 and some port work done . 727 trans w/ just a valve body and a dana 60 w/ 4.56 gears

so do what you like .. now I have got a 70 340/416 the only thing I had when I started my 416 was a block that's all . so I am not a rich man money is only a thing and I like to go fast ....:burnout:

Yea man! No kidding! Like a 16 year narrow minded old know it all that thinks it makes it right if you shout it loudest and most. Say it enough and it must be try!

Yea man! No kidding! Like a 16 year narrow minded old know it all that thinks it makes it right if you shout it loudest and most. Say it enough and it must be try!

Neither of you brain surgeons have a clue...and no one is shouting here just speaking my mind just like you two..

Build the 340...

Neither of you brain surgeons have a clue...and no one is shouting here just speaking my mind just like you two..

Build the 340...

No, your just repeating yourself in order to make things true. You know, repeat it enough and it must be true....

The next comment doesn't even apply really. Now building a 340 block into a 372..... is what the thread is about. Pay attention Brain Surgeon!

And again, had you read my threads on carbs, you would know where I stand on them. While you keep on making the same mistake proving you do not pay attention to what I say. Yet again you keep repeating yourself in order to make something not true, true. WAKE UP! Pay attention Brain Surgeon!

I also laugh at your idea of comparing a race prep'd pro built carb vs. a stock OE carb.
You truly are showing yourself as a joke! This is all your doing. Please, stop sticking your foot in your mouth and for certainly take your own advise &
Pay attention Brain Surgeon!

I'm not going to do it... I'm not going to do it... I just got into a huge pissing match with some narrow minded goober not too long ago. Not gonna start again...
Just gonna watch the show for now...
:happy1:
Calming down...

-
Back