Poll for all you wrench turners

-
My Wife and Kids laught at me when I start swearing at cars I'm working on.

They say I'm the funniest mad person in the world and hang around just for the entertainment.

what are you trying to bolt on?

Many times, it depends on the amount of rust holding the old bolts on.

Thats one of the nice things with my '64 Valiant,
having been a Calif car, the parts unbolted much easier than a 10 year old
vehicle from here in the rust belt.

I am learning to triple or even quadruple the expected time to get work done on my Mopar. I have also developed elbow and shoulder troubles from fighting with >40 year old rusted bolts. Blood spillage has so far been kept to a bare minimum.

My wife laughs because anytime I buy ANYTHING, it requires modifications to make it work. At first, she thought it was me, but now realizes that it is neccessary to have a full complement of tools to get it together. I just picked up a new cherry picker, and had to oval out bolt holes on the casters because they didn't line up.. guess they never test assembled one before putting them into production lol..

Grrant

"Bole right on" does not necessarily mean all the bolt holes line up and everything clears.... it would be nice if it did but...... Repop parts are some of the worst. I bought a washer reservoir for my barracuda, 2 screw holes, how hard is that to get right? well, one of them lined up! So, I guess in all actuality, it "bolted right on"... I think it may be like alcohol or drugs... it was fun at first but.. now that we are addicted, we can't stop!

I've often wondered if the term "bolt right in" is ever an accurate description of how things go in the shop.

Bolt right in will work if the following hasn't yet happend but usually always does.

1) you didn't have any retard pie for dinner the night before.
2) You didn't have a big bowl of dumb-*** for breakfast.
3) Stevie Wonder, Hellen Keller and Ray Charles were all off that day.
and
4) your Uncle Murphy is out of town.

Usually have have a 1 or 2, 3 and 4 are always around!!!!

-
Back