Poll, go polyglass or stay radial!

-

340wedge

Reaction score
My Duster 340 is restored totally stock. i have had BF Goodrich T/A radials on it for the last 18 years, there getting old! ..lol Should I get new radials or go with the Polyglass tires. I know the ride would suffer a bit but i only drive it about 250 miles a year...

Goodyear Polyglass E70 14
or
BF Goodrich T/A 205 and 215 70's

My Duster 340 is restored totally stock. i have had BF Goodrich T/A radials on it for the last 18 years, there getting old! ..lol Should I get new radials or go with the Polyglass tires. I know the ride would suffer a bit but i only drive it about 250 miles a year...

Goodyear Polyglass E70 14
or
BF Goodrich T/A 205 and 215 70's

Stay with the radials those bias ply tires make driving a real job. Ask Longgone about his on his 68 GTS. He has two different sets.

I have Firestone Wide Oval on my 68. They are crap to drive on until you get the hang of it. The big problem is that they make the car dart around if you hit ruts in the road.

Even with that, no other tire can beat the looks. Mine stay on.

I should take a pic with my wire full wheel covers on....

IMG_0077.jpg

I got my first set of radial's in 74,I guess Polyglas would be good enough for getting it on and off trailer,but dangerous at any other speed.

If it is a show car you don't drive a lot. You could use the poly's so the juges are happy. But if you drive it much the raidals are the way to go. Don't they make new raidals that look like old tires? That may be the way to go.

If you've had the BF Goodrich T/A's on it for 18 years, why change now? You're not going to like the polyglass. JMO

I would have both,why,for every day driving you can,t beat the radials,period.But for a thophie judging show you install the polys,best of both worlds,mrmopartech

Radials are cheaper and drive better but polys are cooler!

I bought my first set of BFG Lifesaver radials in 1971. That said, if you only do shows and 250 miles per year, go polyglas...
C

Go Polyglas If You Have The Extra $800.00.
Plus The Spare Make It $1000.00

Polyglass tires make the car feel and handle totally different than radials. I have had poly's on a couple of cars...but now since I drive my cars more than I show them, I use radials.

I´ve got firestone red lines on my fastback. A bit pain to drive.
Last summer I put them on my former Cuda -68 Convert
and there was a big difference in the handle.
I do belieave I´ve read somewhere that the alignment of the front end is set
up different depending on if you´ve got bias or radials.
Any opinion?

Be smart, :grin: there was a reason they invented radials. Polyglas - show only. Radials - drivin'. No questions, no doubts, no debates, NO EXCEPTIONS !! BOTTOM LINE ! ! Like I said earlier, be smart !! :study:

I appreciate everyones input and there is some sage advice there. I really don't enter it shows and plan to put "thats it? heck put it on cinder blocks.".>LOL more miles on it, I think polyglass do look the best but i'm going with the BF Goodrich's again and they are alot cheaper too...Thanks everyone.

Just think....back when radials come out, people said the same thing about them.
Hard riding, followed ruts, etc.

Go POLYGLAS !

Of course, I have radials on mine and also on my car trailer and also on my bike trailer. And on 2 of my 4 bikes.

Guess which 2 I ride the most.

My Demon 340 is in the process of getting Polyglas E70-14's on front and G60-15's on the back. I just picked up 4 stock rallyes and 2 15x 8 sbp rallyes for the back...the powdercoater has to redo the 15's because they are deeper and it's harder to get the powder in there. Can't wait ! Goodyear was coming out with a radial with small white letters; what ever happened to that?

I have both....but nothing looks cooler than a vintage set of tires on a muscle car:iconbigg:

POLYGLAS!!!

Picture 886.jpg

-
Back