Polyurethane Sway Bar Bushings Any Body Installed Em??

-

bradfields

Reaction score
So I bought one of those polyurethane suspension kits from Energy Suspension, but they didn't offer sway bar bushings, so I got a set from PST. My question is, has any body installed a set of these? There are no instructions and they look like they will be a fight however I go about it. Also anybody know where I can get the round rubber bumpers that the upper control arms come down on, not the ones on the lower control arms. Thanks.

thats odd.....I got my entire front kit from energy suspension and I got them, but You have to order them seprate, as there is three different size sway bar diameters. and you need to know which bar you have. Anyway, they are not as bad to slip over the sway bar end as I thought, and was fairly easy. Make sure you use the supplied greese though.

Thanks, I prolly just missed them from ES, actually, I bought my kit from Summit, so they may have been on a different page or something. so you put the bushings in the brackets, grease Em up and shove Em onto the sway bar right? Sounds easy enough, thanks for the info. Any idea where to get the upper control arm bumpers?

I've trying to figure this out myself.I have the triangular style bracket. I'm going to wrestle with mine on thursday and will let you know if I had any luck.

Well they went in really easy. I lubed up the edges of the bushing and got it started into the bracket by hand. Then I got 2 plates, one on each side, and used the vice to push them together. They went in pretty easy and only took minor adjustments by a straight slot screwdriver afterwards.

Attachments

• Bushing.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 146
Cool, I tried the same way, but then I couldn't get the bushings to slide over the big ends of the sway bar, I finally pried the bushings out of the brackets, slid them over the sway bar the worked the bushings into the brackets while on the sway bar. It wasn't pretty, but it worked!

Well they went in really easy. I lubed up the edges of the bushing and got it started into the bracket by hand. Then I got 2 plates, one on each side, and used the vice to push them together. They went in pretty easy and only took minor adjustments by a straight slot screwdriver afterwards.

How did you get it back on the sway bar after you installed them in the bracket? I would think it would be very hard to slide them on over the ends once they are in the bracket and can't flex around. Although I like the vice idea.

Buck351, I fought with them! One went on with a lot of effore but finally worked its way around the end. The other wasn't happening for whatever reason. I finally said "F it" I cut the end of the bracket open got the bushing out, over then, back into the bracket, then clamped it up in the vice and rewelded it. Took 5 min. I bet I fought it for 1/2 hr.

-
Back