Pomona Swap Meet

-
I'm working in Corona and heard an ad for the Pomona Swap Meet this weekend. Anybody here going to be there?
I will not although it's only about 10 miles. ..
I used to go there way back when it was called the Corvette Swap Meet. ... I had 3 old Stingrays before my 'Cuda....

Jeff

They have it maybe every 5th 6th week. As a Mopar fan, youll be disappointed in the offerings in the swap section but may catch a few cars in the show/park section. Lots of VW stuff (in their own first 4-5 rows) and everything but Mopar/AMC everywhere else. Lots of purses and other BS there too? Pay for parking and pay to get it. I think I was down 20 before I even started walking. All the screaming deals are done 12-4 AM when the people are setting up and vendors are walking the meet prior to the general admission. I'd walk straight to the back and work your way back toward the front, then peel off and hit the show cars on the way out. Hit it early, and don't be suprised if some of the show cars are on their way out by 11:00AM. IIRC the front rows are commercial accounts, the lots toward the rear are all the garage clean outs and rusty crap.

used to be one of the largest in the country. growing up in So Cal, it was a regular thing. would take all day. its been a while for me though..may have changed some.
advice from Pishta is spot on. walk to the back and work fwd. vendors pick the good stuff clean from other tables before any one else even crosses the gate, then toss it on thier table for 100% price bump the following show, so haggling is the only way you will get a good deal on stuff. prepare to see a lot of overpriced garbage peppered in with a few treasures. not uncommon for people & cars to be leaving for other weekend fun by/before noon.

-
Back