Poor UPS Guy...

-

ckj688

Reaction score
He delivered one of the many parts I've ordered today...he's had to deliver so much that he told my mother he's the first to get a ride in my car when it's done, lol, I guess he'll be making another trip to my house Friday...oil pan is still on it's way, lol

He delivered one of the many parts I've ordered today...he's had to deliver so much that he told my mother he's the first to get a ride in my car when it's done, lol, I guess he'll be making another trip to my house Friday...oil pan is still on it's way, lol

I about killed my UPS guy a few years ago when I lived on a
3rd floor and did a full suspension and brake rebuild LOL.

I ended up getting him a gift certificate to Red Lobster for
50 bucks because not one of the boxes was kicked down
the hall.

It's a good thing for UPS that there are guys like us, where would their job security be without us :-D

when they went to deliver my brake kit i was about an hour late so i got the usual pick up notice. i called and the supervisor got on the phone and told me the driver said for me to call him on his cell phone because he didn't want to have to unload and reload it again the next morning. the guy showed up 15 minutes later and said to me " thank god! this s#$t is heavy!". i gave him $20 since i didn't have to go pick it up.

When I was doing my Dart, FedEx and UPS got a work out. One guy was a real car guy and always interested in the progress of the car. About 3 weeks after I got it finished I caught him making a delivery nearby.

Did a beautiful launch and left rubber all the way thru 1st gear and about 40 feet in 2nd. He had the biggest grin on his face. The neighbors were not so impressed but I didn't live around there.

I'm partial to the UPS girl myself.

My UPS guy is a MoPar nut. He turned me on to a number of local MoPar guys and parts.

lol, at least he delivers the parts everytime with a smile on his face...as if he enjoys it, when you know deep down that it wears on his physical well being

Up here in Canada we just cringe when a UPS truck stops to drop something off, especially if the item was shipped from the States. Their duty/brokerage charges/fees are outrageous.... nothing but schisters.

If I were ever to give anything to a UPS delivery dude, it would be a penny cut in half.

Most all of the aftermarket parts for My car came by ups .Brake/suspension kit (that sum b!+ch was heavy )! Axles,intake,Carb,Pistons,Etc.
The driver in My area is a good guy and I've seen him so much we're on a first name basis .

My UPS guy made many trips when I built my Dart. He took good care of the parts and as the build went on started asking questions.

Have to appreciate the jobs they do for us.

lol, my UPS guy always asks me if I want whatever he brought dropped off in the back of the house, I feel like I'm forever in his debt with the stuff he has to carry!

i do shipping for a living so i'm on a first name basis with all the delivery guys in my area, you wouldn't believe some of the BS these guys have to deal with on a daily basis from people who treat them like crap then still expect top-tier service. i always make sure to get my delivery guys something for christmas and ALWAYS help them load the packages that i ship into the truck. i ship between 500 and 1000 lbs of packages daily so i try to make it as easy on them as possible and it comes back around because they go out of their way to help me out when i need them.
its really all about the golden rule.
-Tim

when they went to deliver my brake kit i was about an hour late so i got the usual pick up notice. i called and the supervisor got on the phone and told me the driver said for me to call him on his cell phone because he didn't want to have to unload and reload it again the next morning. the guy showed up 15 minutes later and said to me " thank god! this s#$t is heavy!". i gave him $20 since i didn't have to go pick it up.

Not all these guys suck. Just the ones who used to deliver to my Englewood address. I just changed my shipping address to my work and everything started to come in one piece again.

The problem is that many computer parts suppliers will only ship to an address that matches to the card used to make the purchase to prevent fraud. I see their point of view but I ended up with three smashed computer cases and two non-funtional hard drives. Yes, insurance paid the bill but it still put some of my clients in a bad position. Auto parts left in the rain sucked too. A simple 1 foot push would had it under the overhang. No real damage to auto parts except for soggy instructions and nasty wet cardboard thank goodness. I never once even saw these guys so attitude could not have been a problem.

Once I moved, there were no more problems. :)

Up here in Canada we just cringe when a UPS truck stops to drop something off, especially if the item was shipped from the States. Their duty/brokerage charges/fees are outrageous.... nothing but schisters.

If I were ever to give anything to a UPS delivery dude, it would be a penny cut in half.

Totally agree with you on the UPS company. I get stuff with Fed ex and Purolator and never any problems, but as soon as it is delivered by UPS the fees are double anyone else and you have to check the parcel before they leave the premises.
Pictures of my latest arrival!!!!!

If someone insists on using UPS to ship to me, the deal is off. Its just not worth it.

I love my UPS guy. Every time I hear a truck I run to the window like a little kid to see if it's him. I told my wife that if it was a lady driver she would have been divorced by now. LOL!!! Evey time she sees a UPS truck she yells to me "Your boyfriend is here"!! LOL!!!!

I was taking with him one time when he was delivering my parts from Summit and said that all he delivers. LOL!!! I told my wife she should get a job there.

wow, so I guess there's a pretty big difference between Canadian and American UPS guys!

my ups guy brings the whole truck to the shop and puts the parts in there if I'm not around.

Totally agree with you on the UPS company. I get stuff with Fed ex and Purolator and never any problems, but as soon as it is delivered by UPS the fees are double anyone else and you have to check the parcel before they leave the premises.
Pictures of my latest arrival!!!!!

Looks to me as if the shipper stuffed it in a box with no packing to cushion it.

If it's packaged right if will make it intact most of the time,I'd blame the shipper on this one

I have no complaints with UPS Canada. As long as the stuff is shipped from within Canada.

The issue for us is the nasty brokerage fees. A 50$ part can easily top 100$ after brokerage fees. Once is enough using them for U.S. to Canada shipments.

I now use my friend's storage space in Detroit for U.S. shipments, and go there to bring parts back.

-
Back