Popped my 9 second cherry yesterday

-

LIMEY VALIANT

Reaction score
What a great day yesterday .. no breakages, no drama and everything went according to plan

Ran a new pb in my 1968 Valiant 408 stroker

9.844 @ 134.04 mph

1.364 sec 60 ft

Hit it with approx 140 hp NOS ... the rest is down to weight saving and traction

:cheers:

Still using a 7.5" rear wheel and standard spring positions :)

Very cool, congrats!! I love drag racing American iron in Europe. Too cool.

I see way more then 10'' under the rear Look Very Closley at the two pictures
Congrat's on an outstanding pass LIMEY VALIANT :cheers:
And with no breakages is a good thing :-D
Yes!! Can you give us some info on the rear suspention and 408 =P~

Thanks everybody

It`s a 7.5 wheel with a 10.3 tyre ... I was waiting for new wheels to turn up from Bogart Motorsports, but didn`t arrive in England before this meeting

Full spec of car is in the 10 second sticky

Main change from last time out was using the NOS sniper kit ( I wasn`t using it correctly first time out and it made little difference )

Jetted it up for 143 hp gross with a calibrated fuel pressure of 5.8 psi, used an NGK number 8 plug gapped at 0.028

Need to play some more with jets / fuel pressures and it may run a 9.6 ??

Thanks everybody

It`s a 7.5 wheel with a 10.3 tyre ... I was waiting for new wheels to turn up from Bogart Motorsports, but didn`t arrive in England before this meeting

Full spec of car is in the 10 second sticky

Main change from last time out was using the NOS sniper kit ( I wasn`t using it correctly first time out and it made little difference )

Jetted it up for 143 hp gross with a calibrated fuel pressure of 5.8 psi, used an NGK number 8 plug gapped at 0.028

Need to play some more with jets / fuel pressures and it may run a 9.6 ??

I guess you will have to move it to the 9 second sticky! Congrats that is fast no matter how you did it!

Jon i will never take the slash out of small blocks again.Well done mate ... :cheers:

very nice run, impressive car and power :thumleft:......need to read more about your combo....

greetz Michael

welcome to the 9 s well done whats s her weight:cheers:

Thankyou

Car weighs 2619 lbs with driver fuel and nitrous

Attachments

• nats burnout.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 126
  • _DSC3928_edited-1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 114
wish mine was that weight, keep up the good work

-
Back