Port match intake to carb

-

trbodrt

Reaction score
During mockup I noticed the center divider on my rpm air gap intrudes into the bores on my demon carb, is this something I should mess with to make sure flow isn't obstructed?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 226
unless your turning some high rpm i don't think its that big of a deal.......but i would true it up any ways:thumblef:

That doesn't seem right. I had the same intake and did not have that problem. Bad casting or maybe the carb stud holes are drilled wrong would be my guess. Do you have a dual plane carb gasket you can lay on there and take another pic?

I do not have a carb gasket yet, it didn't look right to me either. I think I'll probably just scribe mark and open up and blend the area so I don't have any obstruction to flow.

I'd take a die grinder to it. E-Z stuff.

It's hard to see from the picture but the two you can see are equal and the other two not pictured only intrude maybe 2mm into the bores.

Thanks for alerting us to this :). I'll bet most guys don't even check unless the butterflies hang up.

It's funny you mention that because the butterfly's barely cleared on one side at WOT.

.....and old Vic say he ain't outsourcing. Yeah RIGHT.

My thoughts too. I honestly checked very few Eddy/Weiand intakes many moons ago for this problem. Guess we're in the "Crosswind" era these days. :D

Sure looks that way. We're givin everything to China to do. Their economy is booming and ours is sinking.

Sorry fellas but that is something I always check, no matter the carb or intake, stock or aftermarket.

.....and old Vic say he ain't outsourcing. Yeah RIGHT.

Good point.... My last few Edelbrock manifolds haven't been up to snuff. like the older sand castings. What good is "new technology", if the quality standards suck *** ? The last two new ones ( Eddy's..) ootb, needed clean up work.

-
Back