Portable 2 post lift

-
Seems sound except for the guy saying that the SUV leaning is normal.

Seems to me that they could have designed in an angle to counter the lean or made it stouter.

IMHO if it was designed for 10,000 lbs and you put 3,000 on it that's a nice safety factor. 3000 on a 6000 is pushing the safety factor.

I have seen them in use but do not know anyone who has one currently. I saw other products made by this company that uses two of these to lift a car, and three of them to lift a car on a trailer at the PRI show in Indy last weekend! The car was a nice Cobra replica and the car trailer was a very cool kneeling type that was expensive, so they must work well! Here is a pic of the trailer, should have taken pics of the car on the trailer up in the air...

Kneeling trailer.jpg

I have done a bit of snooping around the net , would you feel comfortable with car on this ?

iDeal Mobile Low Profile Single Column 6,000lb Lift | Pallet Jack Car Lift Style Redline Stands
If you were ever in a shop when a car fell off a lift you would not even consider this. What is your life worth ? Your buddy ? kids ? wife/Girlfriend. You get someone killed you gotta live with that. Not trying to be mean but save some more $$$ and buy a drive on 4 post lift

For about that money you can get a 4-post lift that would be much, much safer.

I too want to have a lift. This looks a bit scary to me. I see the cars sitting up there, but still doesn’t look as safe as a four post lift. Not cheap either

-
Back