portable lifts

-

41husk

Reaction score
I don't have the cieling height for a 2 or 4 post lift, so I was looking into low rise lifts when I found a mid rise sisscor lift by Benpac, it will lift the car about 4' off the ground and is somewhat portable. (weighs 950 lbs) Is any one familiar with these lifts? pros and cons, I know it is a little pricey but free delivery.

I bought a portable lift that is like a pallet set of forks. Not as stable as a 2 post stationary, but is mobile so I can store it out of my way. Also I can move it around anywhere on the concrete and lift a vehicle without having to shuffle. No drilling into the floor either.

I bought a set of tall jack stands (called transmission jacks) which I put under each corner as safety measures when I have a car or truck up for extended time frame. It cost about $3000 and was made in China. It went together easy and has worked well. There was a US MFG that made a similar unit, but they discontinued it.

Here are the specs:

MSC-6K Lift
Mobile lift uses "pallet jack" style hydraulics to raise lift onto wheels
Rolls right under vehicle or use the unique drive over design to easily position lifting points.
Thick 13" x 10" column
Chain over design uses a 3"x36" cylinder and 846 leaf chain.
Single point lock release.
Powder coat paint finish.
Specifications:
Model Number MSC-6K
Capacity 6,000 lbs
Power Pack 110vac
Lifting height 72"
Low height 5"
Pad height 5"- 9.5" (spin-up style)
Height overall 102"
Width overall 59"
Distance between lifting pads,column side to offside
60" max 54" min.
Distance between lifting pads,offside
81" max 54" min.

Brian Lockhart
Automotive Service Equipment -
America's discount shop equipment supplier
www.asedeals.com
Phone - 860-626-9633
Fax - 419-831-0245

Ma Snart

Attached Images
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

The benpac lifts a bit higher it will go over 3 ft high. Does anyone own one of these or have any pros and cons?

That is nice but I have in floor heat and can not drill into my floor (I know, poor planning on my part), so the pallet jack was next best.

You could build your own support frame and have a completely free standing hoist.

This is my "previously owned" two post hoist. If I had to do this over, I would "splay" the legs out, rather than parallel, and use shorter diagonal braces for added side room

id9n5w.jpg

I am just finishing up a drivetrain rebuild and I purchased a quicklift. It is completly portable no air or electricity needed, and you can park on top of it when not in use. It raises the front of the car about 2' off the ground to allow you full access to the middle of the car. It also has a center bridge that you can put between the ramps and hold the car higher with jack stands and remove the wheels.

I even bought a Harbor Freight electric winch and used it to winch my car on and off the lift when not running.

Works very nice and is supper safe. I don't have any plans on using it again so plan on selling it soon.

PM me if you are interested and I can send you some pics. They have a website, just google quicklift.

I also have in floor heat which is a deterent for drilling. But a 4 post doesn't require this. I have looked at these links posted here and I like this one. It is a combo unit and includes the sliding jacks and drip trays. It is 110 volt and a lot of the 2 posts are 220. It will ba a while before I can get one, but the only thing I would want to do to customize it, "cuz stok sux!", is see if I could fabricate up a set of wheels so I could just roll it into place and out of the way whenever required.
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-Garage-Pro-8-000-EXT-Two-Atlas-RJ-35s

I have a Bend-Pak LR-60 in my home garage. Lifts car about 36" & runs on 110v. No drilling or assembly required. Haven't used it much in the last 5 years since we opened our own shop. Probably would sell it for the right offer, pick up in Pa. only. Great condition & works well.

lots of small shops use these and i am considering one as well.
haven't found a decent price in Ontario yet.

I also have in floor heat which is a deterent for drilling. But a 4 post doesn't require this. I have looked at these links posted here and I like this one. It is a combo unit and includes the sliding jacks and drip trays. It is 110 volt and a lot of the 2 posts are 220. It will ba a while before I can get one, but the only thing I would want to do to customize it, "cuz stok sux!", is see if I could fabricate up a set of wheels so I could just roll it into place and out of the way whenever required.
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-Garage-Pro-8-000-EXT-Two-Atlas-RJ-35s

I have now learned that many brands already have wheels to move them around when not in use.

I have same this problem and i want to get some tips for lift kits so anyone will help me.

-
Back