Portland Swap Meet??????????????

-
Too far for me, I'm 45 min north of Toronto, lol. Know of any in the Southern Ontario area other then Burls Ceek Auto Fleamarket?

See the school buses in the 2004 pics? That's the most fun, riding the bus. You're on the bus with an intake and carb on your lap and two guys get on with a set of heads and valve covers. Another guy passes by with a complete dash. It's fun watching everyone come by with the treasure that they found.

Even though this thread is two years old it's that time again! April 3-6 is this year's Portland Swap Meet. The best one in the northwest!

By the way - the best part about riding the busses is getting conked in the back of your head with a 1947 Nash front bumper. I mean, where else can you go to get that done? :)

I thought of flying up for this event last year but wondered just how much Mopar stuff will actually be there. The largest show in the SF Bay Area is the Goodguys show in Pleasanton and let me tell you, the Mopar stuff is extremely thin in the swap area (and the show). Anyone think its worthwhile to fly on up for the swap?

BTW: Isn't it funny how threads get recycled a year or two later? ;-)

went 2 years ago an it was pretty thin then but am still considering going.

Last time I was at Portland it was huge but unfortunately I wasn't looking for Mopar stuff. There was precious little at Puyallup this year too. The funny thing is you can buy complete a bodies for cheap but as soon as pieces start showing up at the meets they become gold plated or something.
:wack:

Even though this thread is two years old it's that time again! April 3-6 is this year's Portland Swap Meet. The best one in the northwest!

By the way - the best part about riding the busses is getting conked in the back of your head with a 1947 Nash front bumper. I mean, where else can you go to get that done? :)

RedScampi....you gave this old thread new life!!!...Yup, my bro-in-law and I are coming down this year....Staying in Vancouver WA....I hear ya 'bout the buses....and the rain...and the mud....sheesh, am I talking my self out of coming???

Anyone else going?...We could all meet up somewhere.

went 2 years ago an it was pretty thin then but am still considering going.

It has picked up the last 2 years. They shut down the race track because of people getting too drunk and then someone got killed by some jackass on a quad. The track is open now but is run by another company so you have to pay to get into the track but you can still take the shuttle bus from the main swapmeet. There was a rumor that they were going to use the whole track this year instead of just half like they have been doing.

65Val, You have to go!!! The rain and mud are the best parts. Sunday, rain, mud, no one shows up until after 12pm then it's too wet for them so you get all the great deals on the stuff that no one wants to pack up and take home!

I have missed Portland one time since I was 3 years old, this year we got 10 stalls in the center of the main building. My dad is going down Thursday morning and staying till sunday when they kick him out. I will be there Saturday and maybe Sunday. I will have my FABO shirt on!!!

PORTLAND OR BUST!!!!

Last time I was at Portland it was huge but unfortunately I wasn't looking for Mopar stuff. There was precious little at Puyallup this year too. The funny thing is you can buy complete a bodies for cheap but as soon as pieces start showing up at the meets they become gold plated or something.
:wack:

I was dissapointed in Puyallup this time. I got there Saturday at 8:30 am walked around until noon and all I got was a engine stand for a mopar, some Por 15 and a magaziene, the 4x4 meet had better stuff. There is always Monroe and Mt. Vernon.

I was dissapointed in Puyallup this time. I got there Saturday at 8:30 am walked around until noon and all I got was a engine stand for a mopar, some Por 15 and a magaziene, the 4x4 meet had better stuff. There is always Monroe and Mt. Vernon.

Yeah I was pretty dissapointed too! All I got was two diecast Johnny Lightning Dusters and a couple of scones. I saw one 8 3/4 rear end but I didn't ask the price. I am counting on Monroe being decent this time...

-
Back