AZ Hwy Patrol or SS and AFX

• Hwy Patrol

Votes: 35 55.6%
  • SS and AFX

Votes: 28 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-
Sorry kid, you are going to enforce the law how the other cops do or you be gone before long. People driving "too slow" do not get ticketed--just how it is unless they are going really really slow and or drunk

We can drive a few miles over in the right lanes as well, least around here in se Michigan

You butt is going to be on video and audio with those tamper proof cameras when you make a traffic stop--unless you decide to be tough guy and work for Detroit police and then traffic laws are going to be the least of your worries.

"Ah sir, the speed limit is 70 and you were going 69 in the far left lane. I don't like that but lets see what law did you break---oh, you thought there was something in or near your lane up ahead and you were just being careful so you didn't crash--ah have a nice day"

Freaken people are going to start complaining about you

Sorry kid, you are going to enforce the law how the other cops do or you be gone before long. People driving "too slow" do not get ticketed--just how it is unless they are going really really slow and or drunk

We can drive a few miles over in the right lanes as well, least around here in se Michigan

You butt is going to be on video and audio with those tamper proof cameras when you make a traffic stop--unless you decide to be tough guy and work for Detroit police and then traffic laws are going to be the least of your worries.

"Ah sir, the speed limit is 70 and you were going 69 in the far left lane. I don't like that but lets see what law did you break---oh, you thought there was something in or near your lane up ahead and you were just being careful so you didn't crash--ah have a nice day"

Freaken people are going to start complaining about you

hemitheus was refering to the jokes who drive 55 in the left lane (including semi's) in a 65 zone... and that is against the law as it is unsafe...

Well Michigan has a min of 55 on the freeways--used to be 45 for ages, just the last few years 55 became the min and that is only in good weather-light traffic

Those truckers can be a class act, he might have a very good reason for being in the far left lane--I'm not a trucker so not going to guess

Thing is, you might end up working behind a desk, maybe in a jail or courthouse.

If I was U, I would dive deeper in to see what U be dealing with. Maybe checkout your local PD and chat with them about being a cop--if its for U.

I could not deal with it, Park ranger or prison guard would be the max and even that I don't know. Heck working in a dirty bump shop sounds much more fun to me. I really don't like bossing people around.

I couldn't see myself shooting after a fleeing person in the many police shootings I read about. People get scared and freeze and refuse to raise their hands, you are to assume they got a loaded gun and shoot to kill. They may have not harmed anybody and maybe even unarmed but the police are in the right--I don;t agree with that thinking.

U need to really look hard in to this cop business. Maybe it is for U, like I said, government jobs have many benefits

Well Michigan has a min of 55 on the freeways--used to be 45 for ages, just the last few years 55 became the min and that is only in good weather-light traffic

Those truckers can be a class act, he might have a very good reason for being in the far left lane--I'm not a trucker so not going to guess

Thing is, you might end up working behind a desk, maybe in a jail or courthouse.

If I was U, I would dive deeper in to see what U be dealing with. Maybe checkout your local PD and chat with them about being a cop--if its for U.

I could not deal with it, Park ranger or prison guard would be the max and even that I don't know. Heck working in a dirty bump shop sounds much more fun to me. I really don't like bossing people around.

I couldn't see myself shooting after a fleeing person in the many police shootings I read about. People get scared and freeze and refuse to raise their hands, you are to assume they got a loaded gun and shoot to kill. They may have not harmed anybody and maybe even unarmed but the police are in the right--I don;t agree with that thinking.

U need to really look hard in to this cop business. Maybe it is for U, like I said, government jobs have many benefits

lol... and im signing up for Highway Patrol... not city or sheriff just to clarify...

LA Co Sheriff's operation is high tech, big as hell, rock solid and very impressive. Try getting in the door there?.

a little far from phx az... and im GLAD to be out of CA...

well everything is moving fast! i mad the application deadline of first 400 so step one is done! im already scheduled to take my written this next tueday and if i pass that the PT the following thursday!

ok well i took the test today! it was 100 question... was pretty easy... even after finishing and re-reading the test i only changed 3 so im feeling pretty confident as to making it onto PT thursday... i will get an email in the AM letting me know...

as for the "schedule" it looks like the top 180 from the written go on to the PT, then the top 150 from PT...

after that you go to the interview... now if you pass that then they do the background check and Poly test...

there will be academies... one in November and one in February... both will only take 20 cadets a piece...

ok well i took the test today! it was 100 question... was pretty easy... even after finishing and re-reading the test i only changed 3 so im feeling pretty confident as to making it onto PT thursday... i will get an email in the AM letting me know...

as for the "schedule" it looks like the top 180 from the written go on to the PT, then the top 150 from PT...

after that you go to the interview... now if you pass that then they do the background check and Poly test...

there will be academies... one in November and one in February... both will only take 20 cadets a piece...

Good Luck I know you will do well.

well i passed the Written Exam! i dont know my score but i finally got my email saying that i am to report to the Arizona CARDINALS stadium at 11am!!

going for another step!

well i passed the Written Exam! i dont know my score but i finally got my email saying that i am to report to the Arizona CARDINALS stadium at 11am!!

going for another step!

Great Good Luck

well i did my best but my best wasn't good enough... i had to do 24 pushups, they put their fist on the ground and you have tt touch it...

anyways i actually did 25 but i didn't touch twice so i was under the required 24! GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

though i am happy as ive never been able to do 12 pushups, let alone 23! and have been able to knock out a 9:40 mile i just a week...

so i have another shot after the first of the year they are gonna do the process again, so im gonna train the whole time and im gonna kill it...

so im not giving up!

thanks for all the support guys!

You came close, don't give it up.

I got a bicycle to stay in shape, you get to go father then jogging.

Your diet plays a part, eat more fresh fruit and vegies and lay off the soda and junk food

You came close, don't give it up.

I got a bicycle to stay in shape, you get to go father then jogging.

Your diet plays a part, eat more fresh fruit and vegies and lay off the soda and junk food

thanks for the advice! i have changed my diet about 3 months ago... try to make everything fresh, no processed but thats hard... very limited sweets...

and i work out every day and run twice a week...

2 weeks just wasn't enough time lol...

thanks for the advice! i have changed my diet about 3 months ago... try to make everything fresh, no processed but thats hard... very limited sweets...

and i work out every day and run twice a week...

2 weeks just wasn't enough time lol...

Go more on the veggies than the fruit. The fruit is good, but it can put the weight on, too. The trick is to balance the diet. Staying away from processed food is a good start. Don't kill yourself over the occasional cheeseburger, it won't hurt you. Don't eliminate the carbs from your meals either, just keep them in check. You need some carbs to store energy.

Go more on the veggies than the fruit. The fruit is good, but it can put the weight on, too. The trick is to balance the diet. Staying away from processed food is a good start. Don't kill yourself over the occasional cheeseburger, it won't hurt you. Don't eliminate the carbs from your meals either, just keep them in check. You need some carbs to store energy.

no i hear ya... my GF is a half marathon runner so she is all over that stuff...

now that ive had a night to chew on it im kinda glad i didn't make it...

because nw i have roughly 6 months to truly train for it so i can get all my ducks in a row and score really high...

Good plan and it sounds like you are well on your way.

I would not count on that great pension. Most munis and soon most states are broke. Those fat pensions are going to be renegotiated or cut completely.

-
Back