Possible new project

-
ran numbers came back as 1975. If he will come off price just a little more i might get it. If not I guess Ill keep looking.

Got most of the fender tag decoded. Some of them are too new for me to know.

E24-225-1 bbl
E34-Automatic
D2L3-Deluxe Parchment Vinyl Bench Seat
204-built 2/04/75
V4X-black canopy vinyl roof
B43-manual brakes
H51-A/C w/ heater
J52-inside hood release
L31-fender mount turn signals
M21-drip rail mouldings
M26-wheel lip mouldings
R11-AM radio

Still working on KT5 (I'm guessing it's the same as the T5 of 1969),G52,K5X,N37,E2,and 512. G52 probably has to do with the mirrors or glass, and N37 has something to do with the engine, maybe emissions stuff. K5X I'm guessing is some kind of horizontal stripe.

Here is what the fender tag is telling me:

V
L Low line 2 door coupe (stripper Duster).

C 225 slant six
5 1975 model year
B Hamtramck assembly plant

If nothing else, it would almost be worth it for the BBP discs and rear end for Victoria. Don't see this one being much more than a tube frame drag racer with all the rust in the underside. Looks like it sat in one place for so long it sunk into the ground.
I forgot to thank you David :happy10:

Got most of the fender tag decoded. Some of them are too new for me to know.

E24-225-1 bbl
E34-Automatic
D2L3-Deluxe Parchment Vinyl Bench Seat
204-built 2/04/75
V4X-black canopy vinyl roof
B43-manual brakes
H51-A/C w/ heater
J52-inside hood release
L31-fender mount turn signals
M21-drip rail mouldings
M26-wheel lip mouldings
R11-AM radio

Still working on KT5 (I'm guessing it's the same as the T5 of 1969),G52,K5X,N37,E2,and 512. G52 probably has to do with the mirrors or glass, and N37 has something to do with the engine, maybe emissions stuff. K5X I'm guessing is some kind of horizontal stripe.
Thank you wish4hemi, I just don't have any where I want to put it right know :happy10:

yeah i could see the possibility of some one swapping in a 75-6 grill and bumper at some point, but to add the rear crash bumper. NOT! some people are just plain spoiled. we have to deal with some serious rust buckets here in nj, and for more money than that. the car has big bolt disks and looks like an 8 1/4. buy it. trunk floor? most guys chop them out and make a nice flat floor with a cell in the trunk for hot rods anyway.
I called him and he said he bought it as a 73 and does not have a tittle for it.
I told him I looked it over good and said that it's not a 73:tongue9: and then he said WoW I never checked :toothy10: RIGHT!!!

I am not going through that debate with that kind of paper work.
He said he could not take no less than $650.00.

Six cyl. cars are sometimes funny to figure out. 73s usually used small bolt pattern unless they they were optioned with disks. However they mixed and matched old "bin" parts like your lights which throw the whole thing out. Didn't 75s get the square dash with the dark veneer instead of the wood grain around the gauges or was that 76? Either way you have a good starting project. Good Luck.

-
Back