Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler_s18

k-member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
so i am really thinking about selling my scamp. i need a diesel and found a 68 dart lol. so what would you all think its worth? body is pretty straight with a little rocker rust clean other then that. the 360 was just rebuilt and bored 30 over ported and polished heads with i think 10.5 to 1 compression she runs really good. the 4 speed trans is currently stuck in 3rd but i will see whats wrong with that soon. i just rebuilt the shifter but havent put it back on yet and i have a power steering floor shift column for it that i am in the middle of rebuilding with a little trans work it will be a very fun car. o it still has the 8 1/4 rear with stock gears so like 2 something

0815091141.jpg

im kinda looking at what people would offer. i know how much i have in it and want but first i would like to see what you all think its worth with what you can get from a picture lol.

I would suggest you look for a cheapish set of say mustang bullet wheels and throw them on. Would help your price alot. atleast imo.

o i forgot to mention i have some cool rally-ish wheels for it just no tires. they are 15x6.5 and i have all the middle rieces and all but one outside trim ring

wheels.jpg

o i forgot to mention i have some cool rally-ish wheels for it just no tires. they are 15x6.5 and i have all the middle rieces and all but one outside trim ring

Not to bad for "bling". Find a used tire store and check what they have.

ok. what are cars going for lately that are nearly done projects? trans work and maby a front end rebuild and she could be a dd i would say

i just think that the year is not desirable.

i think they are chevy ralley rims

tranny work is always a deterrent at least imo. again maybe find a good used diplomat with a good 727 in it for cheap. part out the dippy and you'll be in the black instead of the red.

ya they are not as popular as like a 70 but it will be one helva sleeper. it looks like a grandma car but the motor runs like a grandpas mid life crisis lol

they are mopar wheels. they fit on the scamp and one even has a rubber on it just dosent hold air for long

hmm not sure man

I've never looked much past needs tranny work in an ad. look into a rebuild.

I agree with that. I won't buy a Mopar with a bad 4 speed unless it is super cheap or I already have a spare one on hand.

I would think you need to address the transmission before trying to sell it.

Need more pictures and details to have a decent idea what you have.

Looks like a nice car but not enough information to make a guess. What do you think it is worth?

If the interior is nice, i would say 2500.00 tops. original 4-speed car? also if those wheels are 5 on 4.5 they're mopar off a mid 70's plymouth. forget the model, maybe VIP.

interior is very nice. not original 4 speed but all original style parts. i have almost $8000 into it so i would like close to that. i will get more pics and make a better add for it lol or would trade for a cummins

Those wheels also came on mid 70's pickups. I had a set on my '75 short wide box I had years ago.

Chuck

interior is very nice. not original 4 speed but all original style parts. i have almost $8000 into it so i would like close to that. i will get more pics and make a better add for it lol or would trade for a cummins

I think you are in trouble. I have never been able to take a collector car that I planned on keeping so I put a bunch of money in it and getting anywhere near what I had in it. Right now I have 20K in my Barracuda and I am almost ready to restore it. I have most of the parts to do it and many are NOS. If it was finished (Still another 5K) I might get 15K if I was lucky.

I have always found that if you buy a car 90% done and done right plus worth the money and finish it you can make money most of the time.

I really don't think it would bring that much in this economy but you never know if the right person came along it could happen. If you don't fix the transmission you might get $2500 out of it. Now keep in mind I am talking about Oklahoma prices and Colorado may be a different ball game.

I really don't think it would bring that much in this economy but you never know if the right person came along it could happen. If you don't fix the transmission you might get $2500 out of it. Now keep in mind I am talking about Oklahoma prices and Colorado may be a different ball game.
Honestly even at 2500 with it completely done and working tranny I'd probably walk. IMO It's a 75 and just not desirable to me. I would say if your going to look at selling it go to a wreckers and find a good working 4 speed for as cheap as possible and do the wheels for as cheap as you can. Then price it. I can't see you even getting a third of the money you've got into it.

I've done the same man. in high school we picked up an 84 ramcharger for me to drive. did some fixing, I had 2 motors go by way of timing chain death, so I had a 250 dollar roller 318 in it from a friend of mine, I put in new belts, battery, alternator, gaskets, air cleaner, dropped the tank and put in custom stainless steel tank straps a custom gas tank skidplate, painted the thing, and put in about 1500 into it. We bought it for 2400 4 years earlier and I got 1800 after I sold the thing a couple months later.

You really never get your value out of an old car. unless it's rare or desirable your simply not going to get it.

Very undesirable model year. Regardless of what you have into it, plus the trans needs rebuilding, nuttin over 2k. If I had the cash, the motor/trans would be pulled for another project and the rest parted out. Just my .02. Good luck if you decide to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back