Post pictures of ur race car here!

-
What is it with mopar guys an power adders? Like they are not allowed or something...no wonder the chevy's and ford's are usually driving around us

There's nothing WITH Mopar guy's-If you have to ask go live over at a chevy sight if it bugs you,Plenty guy's use power adders ever go to a all Mopar race and walk the pits????

There's nothing WITH Mopar guy's-If you have to ask go live over at a chevy sight if it bugs you,Plenty guy's use power adders ever go to a all Mopar race and walk the pits????

LOL are you a board moderator?

I have been to all mopar races at my local tracks- all I saw was all motor, purple cam, stuck in the 70's crap.

FACT- Brand X'er's are going faster then the slopars because they embrace new technology...and power adders!

Flame me all you want for it, I really don't care :cheers:

Never seen a group on individual's(newbe's) come on a site and bash fellow car freaks,Guess that's what gen x does now back to the great Race cars that are on this site--Steve

I never bashed you, don't play the victim. If anything you bashed me telling me it's stupid to only run clocks off and do RSD events. Think then post. Also I think I may have been a member here before you. First name was Wigsplitter74, search if you would like to. See you at the track

Haha don't worry about the solenoids. I Was tight for room so the plate is just pointed fuel to back. Nitrous to front.The biggest solenoid down on the right is my purge. Hopefully all works when I hit the spray :p.
Thanks a lot guys

Haha don't worry about the solenoids. I Was tight for room so the plate is just pointed fuel to back. Nitrous to front.The biggest solenoid down on the right is my purge. Hopefully all works when I hit the spray :p.
Thanks a lot guys

Spray through the big noid, won't hurt anything and may run better. ;)

I appretiate the input but im only spraying 100-150. I dont see any advantage for me to switch them. I bought that solinoid purge kit specifically for the purge. When I got it , it's a lot bigger then I expected lol. And it draws 27 amps!! I guess it can handle a system that sprays up to 400hp. It's a little diffrent of a noid then my other two, where the purge has an inlet and 2 outlets. Can be hooked up two diffrent ways and probably more suitable for a full " nitrous outlet" system. Also the outlet is a lot bigger then an average NOS purge. Ment to give you that big ploom purge that some may desire. My other two solenoids are ment for my kit and how little I'm spraying.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/nitrou...es/nitrous-outlet-big-show-4an-purge-kit.html

Yup, the big noids are a draw, I use one relay per solenoid, even on the purge. I usually piece my kits together and use bigger solenoids, my cheater had a big pro shot on it, no matter what the jet will be the restriction

Haha yah totally. My purge has its own relay.
That duster of yours is badass!! Post a vid up sometime.
Can't wait to run mine down the quarter

LOL are you a board moderator?

I have been to all mopar races at my local tracks- all I saw was all motor, purple cam, stuck in the 70's crap.

FACT- Brand X'er's are going faster then the slopars because they embrace new technology...and power adders!

Flame me all you want for it, I really don't care :cheers:

I agree. I am Mopar to the bone, but that is a fact for the most part. Its just all about what you like and get caught up in.

I'm a N/A guy myself. just always got a little better feeling out of going fast without a power adder. doesn't change the fact that power adders are fast and cheap.

I truely believe that mopar guys are the truest to the brand out of anyone else. a lot of the old technology parts and stuff are so popular because of all the craze of them back in the day. to me Chrysler had better engineers than anyone else, and Chrysler wanted to be top dog in motorsports from the pros to the home town racers.

they pumped out way more "how to" information for the guys racing their brand than Chevy or Ford did. the craze that is still present today over purple shaft cams, orange ECU boxes, pinion snubbers, etc. are just a product of one thing in my mind.

when the race scene and factory backing faded in the the 80's those parts were still producing and being pushed by Chrysler. info from that era is really the only info that has been available to guys looking to hot rod and race their mopar muscle cars. it also has just been handed down and had a big deal made of it through the years.

hey, for old technology those parts and race bulletins provide pretty good performance for the average Joes. I have a 67 Belvedere that I bracket raced forever and drove on the street. it would go mid 11's which aint bad for a N/A street driver. it is "old school mopar" to the bone. purple shafts and the like. I think its just cool because I like old school stuff.

however, I also have cars that are not along those lines because there are better parts and technology out there. like going to modern roller cam grinds, aftermarket heads, and fuel injection set ups.

I do agree that we tend to "hang on" to our image that "got us here" though.

Haha yah totally. My purge has its own relay.
That duster of yours is badass!! Post a vid up sometime.
Can't wait to run mine down the quarter

Thanks, I don't have a lot of videos of it, got one of it giving a turbo fox body the hit and still dragging him on a highway one night. I'll post it soon..... then get grilled for street racing lol

Just curious what stall. Gear. And suspension you running. Poping that front tire a bit I see. Impressive for a 318

Just curious what stall. Gear. And suspension you running. Poping that front tire a bit I see. Impressive for a 318

9" turbo action, over 4k (can't remember what it was with the 318) had a 4.30 gear, suspension is SS springs moved in, /6 torsion bars, Calvert front shocks and QA1 rear. It would put the front higher but funny story right as that picture was being taken it snapped an axle lol. It ran well on the gun, converter was way wrong on motor but NA was never the goal. I should add that the car has had tons of time spent tweaking the suspension on back roads with slicks and prep.

That's awesome. Here's my set up. I have no idea how she will do. But getting excited for summer. Hahaha
340 .40 over balanced
Comp 497 lift cam.
Eddy rpm heads.
Airgap.
Tti's
Holley 750
100 shot to start creep up from there
4:30 gear
Tci 3800 stall 727 trans
Mini tubbed with 315/60/15
Launching with 2 step. All msd ignition.

Soon to get caltracs and the right shocks for the rear.

I don't think I'm leaving anything out.

Hope to get into the 11s on the spray.

That's awesome. Here's my set up. I have no idea how she will do. But getting excited for summer. Hahaha
340 .40 over balanced
Comp 497 lift cam.
Eddy rpm heads.
Airgap.
Tti's
Holley 750
100 shot to start creep up from there
4:30 gear
Tci 3800 stall 727 trans
Mini tubbed with 315/60/15
Launching with 2 step. All msd ignition.

Soon to get caltracs and the right shocks for the rear.

I don't think I'm leaving anything out.

Hope to get into the 11s on the spray.
That combo should go 11s NA, get it to cut low 1.5X 60ft and it will. I would change the cam to a mid 500 lift solid cam. I had the comp XS282S in a 360 with X heads, it did it. On a clean 100 hit I'd guess 10.80's. For shocks, look into Viking performance shocks. Very nice stuff.... and they say I never help fellow mopar guys ;)

Hahaha thanks a lot bro!! Just got this combo together and I picked the cam before I got as serious as I am. Was gonna be just a mild street car and obviously now turning more into a street/ strip. This is where I gotta watch myself because its still a street car. And since our track got shut down and the closest is 3 hrs away I don't wanna loose that street ability.
Ill look into thoes shocks. Thanks again for the input

I agree. I am Mopar to the bone, but that is a fact for the most part. Its just all about what you like and get caught up in.

I'm a N/A guy myself. just always got a little better feeling out of going fast without a power adder. doesn't change the fact that power adders are fast and cheap.

I truely believe that mopar guys are the truest to the brand out of anyone else. a lot of the old technology parts and stuff are so popular because of all the craze of them back in the day. to me Chrysler had better engineers than anyone else, and Chrysler wanted to be top dog in motorsports from the pros to the home town racers.

they pumped out way more "how to" information for the guys racing their brand than Chevy or Ford did. the craze that is still present today over purple shaft cams, orange ECU boxes, pinion snubbers, etc. are just a product of one thing in my mind.

when the race scene and factory backing faded in the the 80's those parts were still producing and being pushed by Chrysler. info from that era is really the only info that has been available to guys looking to hot rod and race their mopar muscle cars. it also has just been handed down and had a big deal made of it through the years.

hey, for old technology those parts and race bulletins provide pretty good performance for the average Joes. I have a 67 Belvedere that I bracket raced forever and drove on the street. it would go mid 11's which aint bad for a N/A street driver. it is "old school mopar" to the bone. purple shafts and the like. I think its just cool because I like old school stuff.

however, I also have cars that are not along those lines because there are better parts and technology out there. like going to modern roller cam grinds, aftermarket heads, and fuel injection set ups.

I do agree that we tend to "hang on" to our image that "got us here" though.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with the tech bulletins and the cars they helped out...But you said it yourself- mopar put out all thsoe bulletins, wrote books, helped the racer the most more then the other brands- yet somehow, when all that stops Chevy and Ford have way more development? Fact of the matter is too many Mopar guys are stuck in those stupid *** glory days, too cheap and ignorant to try anything new...Everytime I see the all motor thing touted as the only way to go on these boards I laugh my *** off- it's not like the people saying it are building high end N/A pro stock race motors either...Just that mentality that if it was awesome in the 60's its still the only way to do it now.

Ah well, Im not stuck in it so im good with that lol

That combo should go 11s NA, get it to cut low 1.5X 60ft and it will. I would change the cam to a mid 500 lift solid cam. I had the comp XS282S in a 360 with X heads, it did it. On a clean 100 hit I'd guess 10.80's. For shocks, look into Viking performance shocks. Very nice stuff.... and they say I never help fellow mopar guys ;)

Agree totally about the cam... I wouldn't even waste my time running a cam that small that you already have lift wise. Plenty of budget mid .500 lift solid cams that will make that car and motor right up...Listen to Vanilla, he knows his chit

Who's Vanilla!?! That guy sounds dumb, probably doesn't even post times or give specific details on his pile of spare parts! Lol he ain't even got a purple shaft or a 340! Gotta be some slow junk :D

Thanks Matt ;)

-
Back